Friday, December 7, 2012

Productive Conference

Hello from St. Pete Beach!

On Wednesday, I left straight from school to head to St. Pete Beach for an IB training conference.  It's quite hectic to pack, plan for a sub for two days, and head out of town, but I am quite relaxed and really learning a lot.

I was not expecting this when I walked in to my room on Wednesday
 
The school hooked me up!

I've really learned a lot about IB math, and I have so much great material to take back to my students.  I'd say it's been one of the most beneficial conferences I've been to.

Not only has it been productive as far as school goes, but I've made it a priority to be healthy while on my trip.

Thursday
After our sessions ended on Thursday, I decided to go for a run on the beach.  What a relaxing setting to go for a run!  While I was running without music and the terrain was a bit rocky, this was just what I needed to clear my head and let go of my stress from the week.
I'm pretty happy that I got out there and ran instead of vegging out in front of the TV.

Speaking of vegging, I've also been making it a goal to eat lots of fruits and vegetables while I'm here.  Let me tell you, the food here is GREAT!  I got lots of fresh fruit at breakfast, a delicious Mexican-themed salad with guacamole, and opted for the veggie tray at the evening reception.  Definitely got in my fruits and vegetables for the day.

Friday
I continued to complete a workout during my free time.  I went for a half mile walk on the beach after reading in one of the little huts the resort provides for the guests.  Then, after dinner, I completed this tabata round for the Workout of the Week for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge:
What a great workout!  I did 5 rounds of :30 on, :10 off for each exercise.  I was SWEATING, and it didn't even last that long.

I also got to watch the gorgeous sunset from my room.
I'm telling you, I really lucked out with this set-up.  What a great location for a very helpful conference.

Well, I'm going to go get some work done (yes, on a Friday night...I'm so cool!).  I'm heading home tomorrow, and I'm planning on doing a 7/7.5 mile run when I get home then spending some time with Joe.  I've missed him these past few days!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place for a conference! Have a safe trip home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete