Thursday, August 22, 2013

Steady-Sprint Treadmill Workout

Oh, hey there!  It seems that I've forgotten how to blog after school!  Sorry about that.  I'll try and do better next week :)





Workouts have not been a priority this week (which is terrible in light of the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in a mere 10 days!).  However, I did make it to the gym on Tuesday to resurrect one of my favorite traditions of last year: Treadmill Tuesday!  Here's the treadmill workout I completed on Tuesday after a 5-minute walking warm-up:
This workout utilizes my steady running pace with a few "sprint" intervals.  Feel free to increase/decrease the speeds to meet your current steady running pace.  I completed this two times through with a 10-minute incline walk at the end.  Definitely got my heart pumping!

Question for you: What's your favorite type of workout to do on the treadmill?
I often use the treadmill for speed work, since I can easily control the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment