Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!
I hope that you and your family are having a wonderful day celebrating the birth of our Savior!  I'm with my family at my grandparents' houses (both sides live in the same small town) and Joe is here, too!  
While we are busy with family, I wanted to share some of my Christmas traditions with you.  I saw this survey on Brittany's blog, and I thought this was a great way to share how I usually celebrate Christmas!  Enjoy!
Before Christmas
Do you send out Christmas cards?
We did last year, but I dropped the ball this year!  Oops!
How soon do you start shopping?
Whenever I think of a gift idea for someone...it's usually after Thanksgiving though.
Do you have a lot of gifts to buy?
Not really!  I really do enjoy shopping for others, though, so I normally "add" people to the list.
Do you bake cookies?
I usually bake something.  Cookies, or peppermint brownies!
Decorations
Do you put up a Christmas tree?
Absolutely!
If so, is it fake or real? 
Real.  I've always put up a fake tree, but Joe has always done a real one.  I love the smell!
Do you like tinsel?
I do, I put it up on the tree.  I like the shine!
Do you use homeade or storebought ornaments?
Both!  I have a lot of ornaments that I made when I was younger, as well as store bought and gifted ornaments.
Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?
Yes!
Do you put lights on the tree? 
Yes!  One of my favorite parts!
How about popcorn and cranberries?
Nope, can't say we put those on the tree.
Is there a wreath hanging on your door?
Not this year.  I have in the past, but then dropped the ball this year.
Christmas Eve
Do you celebrate it?
Yes!  Church, then we read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and the Christmas story found in Luke.
Do you hang up your stocking?
Yes, but those really hang the whole season.
Have you ever left cookies out for Santa?
Yup! And milk!
Favourite
Christmas Movie?
Rudolph (clay-mation version) and Elf.
Character from any Christmas Movie?
Rudolph!  He's so cute.  Buddy the Elf is hilarious too!
Christmas Song?
O Holy Night and Jingle Bell Rock
Christmas Memory?
So, so many...candlelight services, waiting on the steps with my brother, the list goes on!
Christmas Cookie?
Iced sugar cookies are where it's at :)
This or That…
Give or Receive?
Give!  I love seeing people's expressions when they open up gifts from me.  I always put thought in to what I get them, and  it makes me happy to see that they appreciate what they've received.
Ham or Turkey?
Turkey...not a big fan of the texture of ham.
Star or Angel?
We have a star on top of our tree.
White Lights or Colored Lights?
I love the classic look of white lights, but colored lights are good for a fun look.
Blinking Lights or Still Lights?
Still.  The blinking lights make things too busy.
Were you Naughty or Nice this year?
Nice...mostly :)
Presents
What do you want for Christmas this year?
Donations to the Kellsie's Hope Foundation!  As I mentioned before, I'm running the Disney Princess Half as a fundraiser for the organization, so I asked for donations this Christmas in place of gifts.  If you would like to donate, click that link, find my name (Amy H), and you can donate via PayPal.
When do you open your gifts?
Usually, Christmas morning with my immediate family, Christmas night with my mom's family, then the 26th with my dad's family.  When we do Christmas with Joe's family, the big day is the day after Christmas.
What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten?
I don't really know what the best gift was...I remember being excited about getting a bike and a stereo system when  I was younger.  My brother also said that me receiving a cell phone when  I was 16 was one of his favorite reactions from me.
What’s the worst gift you’ve ever gotten?
I try not to  think of gifts like this...but I did get a sweater when  I was younger with a big cat on it.  You're welcome for that image!
Do you like wrapping gifts?
Not particularly, but at least I'm getting better at it!
Random
Can you name all the reindeer?
Yes, thanks to Twas the Night Before Christmas
Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?
Nope!
Do you go carolling?
I have before, but not recently.
Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?
Yes!  Especially when I'm home in Richmond.
Have you ever had a white Christmas?
A few.  Great times sledding at my grandparent's house!
Who do you celebrate Christmas with?
Now that I'm married, we alternate celebrating with each of our families.  When it's my turn, we see both sides of the family.
Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa? 
Yes, just about every year when I was younger.  We would do it at church after a night of Christmas crafts.
What part of Christmas do you look most foward to?
Celebrating with family, remembering God's love for us, and all the peace and joy that comes with the season!  I love Christmas time!
Question for you: Your turn!  Answer one (or more) of the questions above!

No comments:

Post a Comment