Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Life Lately

Hey everyone!  How's it going?  I keep disappearing.  I'm working on it--sorry, guys!

Since I really haven't done much posting in the last little bit, I thought we'd catch up a little using a "Life Lately" post.

Work has been going well this year!
It's so nice to not be new to my role and my schools this year.  People are coming to me already with questions and asking for help, which makes me so happy!  Feeling needed and feeling like I'm doing my job is always a good thing :)

Fall=Football Season!
...and Joe and I are fully enjoying it!  Our Saturdays are filled with College Gameday, then football games all day, and I love it!  Plus, we've had people over for college football games two of the last three weeks, which is always a lot of fun.  One of those weeks, we grilled some new-to-us burgers and they were delicious!
They're just Wal-mart brand seasoned burgers, but boy, whatever they put in them is just yummy!  I may have to check that ingredient list and see if I can make something similar at home.

We went up to Virginia last weekend.
My parents had extra tickets to the Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech game last weekend, so Joe and I went up for the game and to get in some family time!
We need to work on our selfie skills
Ahh yes, back in Blacksburg :)
We enjoyed our time at the game (despite the VT loss)

and we also enjoyed getting to see lots of friends!  I wasn't very good at taking pictures, but I did get one with Krista and Josh when they stopped by our tailgate after the game.  We also enjoyed getting to spend time with my grandparents, since we stayed with them on Friday and Saturday night.  Good times!

It's crazy how God speaks to us sometimes.
I'm currently doing a Beth Moore Bible study called Children of the Day, which works through 1 and 2 Thessalonians.
Well, at my grandparents' church on Sunday, the sermon discussed topics that came from 1 Thessalonians 4!  I'm not sure exactly what God is saying yet, but I'm excited to continue the study and see what Thessalonians has in store for me!

Tequila is cracking me up lately.
She is adorable sometimes.
At other times, she's very needy and must lay right on top of me.
And at other times, she's just too stinkin' cute that I have to let her like my ice cream bowl when she gives me the sad puppy eyes :)
She's so cute, I love her :)

It's finally time for me to get back to working out!
So, one of the reasons I haven't been blogging is that I've really been off my fitness game.  I feel like I don't have much to post about because of it.  WELL, I'm getting back to business thanks to Your Trainer Paige's Online Bootcamp!  In fact, last night, I got out and completed my first run since the ZOOMA Chicago Half.
Not sure why my lip is blue...but I'm concerned about the rain!
The run was cut short thanks to some heavy rain and the fact that I had my phone in my hand.  However, I felt great during the run, and it was just what I needed to kick me back into my fitness routine.  I'm so excited; I've missed working out!

Well, that's about all that's been going on lately!  Now that we're all caught up, I think I can get back to regularly posting :)

Question for you: I've missed y'all--so tell me, What have YOU been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment