Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIAW #13: Missing Seasoning

Good morning, everyone!  Sorry for the Debbie Downer post yesterday.  I just definitely needed to fill y'all in, and I didn't have anything else to post yesterday.

Let's move on to something more upbeat, shall we?
It's once again time for What I Ate Wednesday!  I remembered to photograph my food yesterday, so let's take a look.  Thank you, as always, to Jenn for hosting the linkup.  Head on over to her blog to find out what WIAW is all about and to visit other blogs who joined the party, too!

Breakfast

The usual: a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios Crunch Medley.  I really love this cereal!  I added in some watermelon on the side yesterday morning.

Lunch

We're a bit low on groceries this week, so no salad materials for lunch.  I had a craving for Ramen, so that's what I ate.  I don't put much of the flavoring on it to reduce some of the sodium.  Another way to add to the nutritional value is to throw in some chopped veggies.  I didn't have any available, so it was just plain Ramen for me!  Still, I enjoyed it; it was exactly what I was craving.

Snack #1

I got bit by the baking bug yesterday and made some Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip cookies.  I had a few of those for a snack in the afternoon.  They are AMAZING!  I'll post the recipe for these tasty treats tomorrow

Dinner

I made a Velveeta Tuna Melt boxed dinner.  But, when I opened the box, the seasoning mix wasn't in there!  I added some garlic powder, seasoning salt, cajun seasoning, and just a little paprika.  Joe couldn't even tell the seasoning was missing!  I also added some frozen corn to the mix, which added a slight crunch to the meal.  Yum!

Snack #2

I went on a run after dinner, and when I got back I had some of the Fitmixer Amino drink I usually have plus some watermelon.  They really hit the spot after my run in the hot Florida air.

Question for you: Have you ever had something missed out of a boxed dinner and had to improvise?
I think the fact that I actually added some good spices to it made me feel more confident in my cooking skills.  Practice makes perfect, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment