Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wendy's Boycott

Throughout football season, I've been making trips up to my favorite college town to see my favorite team play. Despite the loss yesterday, I've enjoyed the trips, seeing good friends, and watching football in the land of Orange and Maroon. Unfortunately, these trips have made me realize I may need to boycott Wendy's for a little while.

Since I leave right after school, I usually stop for dinner on the way. There is a little town in South Carolina also named Blacksburg, so in the past, I saw it fitting to stop there. There is a gas station/Wendy's combination place, and I thought, what better place to stop than I place I can get gas as well as my favorite fast food?

Well, when I stopped there Labor Day weekend, I waited for about 10 minutes to get 5 chicken nuggets and fries. Some of the workers were just standing there for the majority of the time I waited, so I was a little frustrated. It doesn't take more than a minute to grab the nuggets and fries from their little sections under the heat lamp! (The more I think about that sentence, the more it makes me want to give up fast food all together.)

Two weeks later as I made my way for the second home game, I decided to go through the drive-through this time and get gas afterward. The drive-through line only took about 7 minutes this time, but the lady could not remember that I had ordered a Coke to drink. Every time she opened the window, she would ask me what drink I ordered. I get my food and then headed over to the gas pumps. Every single pump was filled, so I picked the closest pump and waited. Unfortunately, I picked the largest truck that took forever to fill up. Lanes would open, I would try to maneuver to them, but someone would beat me there. After about 5-8 minutes of waiting on a gas pump, I finally found an open pump and got my gas. Thank goodness I found another pump, because the original lane I was waiting on freed up as I was driving away.

After these two straight trips of sub-par experiences, I decided I'd try to stop at a different Wendy's this time. I stopped just north of Charlotte at a Wendy's and walked in. I had a very quick experience at this Wendy's and left happily with my food. I got back on the interstate before realizing that there were only 4 nuggets in my 5-piece! I decided this was Wendy's third strike, and they are out! I've decided to boycott Wendy's for a little while to cool off and hopefully have an enjoyable dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment