Monday, September 8, 2014

Football Weekend Recap

Hey guys!  I hope your Monday is off to a wonderful start.  I can't believe the weekend's over already, but what can you do?  We had a pretty goodweekend around here, so let me tell you about it!

Friday
This weekend, we were dog-sitting for one of Joe's friends.  Tequila was so happy to have Finn in the house.  We like to call him her boyfriend since, when they are together, they play and love on each other ALL THE TIME.
It was pretty fun to watch them play, but we also had to give them a break by physically separating them.  Funny puppies!!

After work, Joe and I went to our usual Friday night dinner spot for some Mexican food!  We hung around for a bit with some friends and had a good time.

We decided to have a low-key evening (Joe has boards to study for, and it was raining so I was feeling lazy) and so we watched some Dexter.  For those of you who have seen it--we just started Season 6.  Not to spoil it for anyone else, but this snake thing going on is just weird!

Saturday
I started the morning a little early and began with working on my Bible study homework!
I'm already a little behind, but I'm glad that I'm still getting it done this time around.

After that, I made my return to BodyPUMP!
It was a great workout, and I'm so glad I went.  But, I am QUITE sore still, which made me realize I need to keep going regularly so it doesn't hurt this much!  It's a good hurt, though :)

The rest of Saturday was spent watching football, running some errands, and cooking for the evening.  We were having people over for the Virginia Tech vs. Ohio State football game, so I tried two new recipes (this pesto pasta and chipotle black bean dip) to feed our guests.  Both turned out really good, and I plan on enjoying the leftovers for lunch this week!

We had a great time with our guests, and to make things even better, THE HOKIES WON!  Now, if you are not an avid Virginia Tech football fan, you might not know that we always struggle when playing these big games.  HOWEVER, we looked AWESOME on Saturday night, and I was incredibly proud of the way our team played!  I'm still kind of in disbelief that we actually won, and I'm really excited about the rest of the season!
Tequila was excited, too!
Ok, done with football talk :)  After celebrating the win, Joe and I cleaned up and went to bed.  I continued to dream about the win.  How awesome!

Sunday
As Joe and I were heading to church, the sky opened up and continued to rain pretty hard all day.  It's been quite the rainy weekend!  Anyway, we had a good time at church, and afterward, we headed to the grocery store.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching NFL games, doing laundry, and basically being lazy.  The rain always makes me so unmotivated to do anything but sit around the house and watch TV.  I wasn't the only one that seemed to feel that way!

Well, that was my weekend!  Lots of football, puppies, and rain.  Good times!

Question for you: Did your football team win this weekend?  What was the weather like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment