Thursday, September 4, 2014

Back to Blogging!

Hey guys!  I'm back!

I really didn't mean to take almost three weeks off from blogging, but quite honestly, I needed to.  Blogging started to feel like a chore to me, and that is NOT what I wanted to feel when writing a post.

Plus, I was personally in a little rut over the last few weeks.  I was bummed out that my knee was bothering me again after the ZOOMA Chicago Half Marathon.  Instead of working to get that injury taken care of, I let my disappointment get to me and that resulted in being lazy.  Also, getting back in to the swing of school proved to hinder my workout and healthy eating routine.  Instead of using the set schedule to help my healthy living, I used it as an excuse to sit around and eat poorly.

So, what have I been up to since I last blogged?

-Well, I went sky diving in Seattle.
Speaking of being in Seattle, I had a GREAT time visiting Kristie and Joe and getting to see other friends from college Brad and Marie while I was out there!  I LOVE getting to see those people that I spent so much time with back in college.  I miss them so much.

-My mother- and sister-in-law came to visit for Labor Day weekend.  We ate Mexican food, spent time on the beach, watched some baseball, and just enjoyed some catch-up time.

-Joe, Tequila, and I are loving that it's football season.
Both of our teams (University of Georgia for him, Virginia Tech for me!) won their games.  I LOVE watching college football and can't wait to watch this week's game where my Hokies take on #5 Ohio State.  I think we have a shot...but maybe I'm just being overly optimistic :)

-I started another Bible study on Wednesday nights.  We're actually doing the Beth Moore Bible study I started this summer but only completed one week of.
I'm excited to be back in Bible study with this group of great women!

-And I've been enjoying my do-nothing time when I get home from work.  So has Pablo.
School always wears me out the first few weeks, but now that I'm really back in the swing of things, I'm ready to kick myself back in to gear as far as being healthy goes.  My focus for the rest of the week is to get food prep done this weekend, get in at least 3 workouts before Monday, and get back on the whole drinking-water thing.  I'm also going to plan out next week's workouts in my planner so that I can schedule them around meetings and other commitments.

I'm happy to back here on the blog with y'all!  Hopefully I won't fall off the blogging train again any time soon :)

Questions for you: What have YOU been up to since I last blogged?  How do you re-start your healthy lifestyle after being in a rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment