Friday, August 15, 2014

Five Things Friday 8/15

Another unintentional blog hiatus.  Sorry, y'all!  School got started again, and things have just gotten crazy.  Once I get back into the school year routine, I'll be around more regularly.

Since it's Friday and my brain is all over the place, I'm just going to share five random things with you.  Hopefully next week I'll be back into the routine and have more exciting posts to share with y'all!

1. Teacher Pre-planning week = LOTS of free food.  And let me tell you, being at two different schools, I worked it PERFECTLY to get in on each school's free breakfast and lunch.  That may or may not have determined where I was each day ;)  Check out these adorable cookies we had at the welcome back lunch on Tuesday!
2.  Tequila is chewing up EVERYTHING lately.  If anyone has any ideas on how to train her to stop, please let me know!
3.  My routine has really been thrown off--I haven't even gotten in a workout in the last two weeks!  It was tough to do while our guests were here last weekend, and I just haven't gotten back in the groove since we returned from Chicago.  My goal for this coming week: write workouts in my planner again (check!) and DO THEM!
4.  Next weekend, I'm going out to Seattle to see Kristie and Joe!  And...guess what we're going to do??  Skydive!  It was one of my goals for 2014, and now it's actually going to happen!  I'm really excited, nervous, anxious, and scared all at the same time.  But, it should be fun!

5.  Finally, I have a pretty big announcement for y'all.  You know how I signed up to run the Rock 'n Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon again this year?  Well, as you might know, my knee started hurting during the ZOOMA Chicago half, and it hasn't fully recovered.  I still haven't run since then, and I don't want to cause more serious problems.  So, I won't be running RnR VB :(  This was a REALLY tough decision for me, especially because I was going to get to see my good friend Krista and her husband Josh AND go to the Virginia Tech football season opener!  But, for the sake of my health, I think it's the right decision.  Sad day, but hopefully it'll mean many more happy runs in the future.

Hope you have a great weekend!  I'll do my best to make things more exciting around here next week.

Questions for you: How do I make my puppy stop chewing everything up?  Have you ever had to withdraw from a race?

No comments:

Post a Comment