Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yummy dinner turned delicious lunch!

It's time to toot my own domestic horn about the dinner I made last night! While I've always been very innovative with baking, I tend to only cook the same things over and over. Last night, I used one of my usual recipes, added to it, and made a very delicious dinner! On the menu: Italian baked chicken, rice, and green beans

I've regularly baked a boneless, skinless chicken breast in Italian dressing using a glass casserole dish. It makes a very tender, tasty piece of chicken. I decided last night to add basil to the Italian dressing before I baked the chicken. I lined the bottom of the dish with Italian dressing, sprinkled basil, placed the chicken breasts in the pan, then covered it with more Italian dressing and more sprinkled basil. Then, I baked it at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes (two chicken breasts) and flipped the chicken every 12-15 minutes. When I put the chicken on the plate, I sprinkled shredded parmesan cheese on top and spooned some of the extra Italian dressing over that. So good!

I made basic white rice, so that wasn't anything special, but the green beans were so good! I used fresh organic green beans, which tasted very fresh to begin with. While cooking the beans in water, I added 2 tbsps of butter and about a second-long pour of extra virgin olive oil. I left them in that mixture for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, and they wound up tasting delicious! I will without a doubt make these again.

To make this meal even better, I had leftover chicken, which I cut up to put in a salad for lunch today. I put the chicken in the fridge over night, then added romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, carrots, cucumber, and turkey bacon and mixed everything together. SUCH a good lunch! The chilled Italian chicken was soft, sweet, and very tasty. Perfect addition to a salad!

Just wanted to share this with anyone who reads this. Baking the chicken took quite a while, but it was definitely worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment