Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Treadmill Tuesday + Indulging + Stormy Climate

Well, the opposite has happened this week.  I've seriously lacked motivation at the beginning of the week to do the things that I need to do!

I had muchas margartias during while Joe and I hosted an SEC Championship watching party, so Sunday was quite rough.  A really bad day at work led to a severe lack of motivation yesterday afternoon, so I just sat on the couch and wallowed in my sorrows.  Today, I have so much to get done before I head to St. Petersburg for an IB training for the rest of the week.  That didn't stop me from getting a workout in tonight!

Today's Training
After accomplishing my goals and before the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (the annual girls-, I decided to continue my Treadmill Tuesday tradition!
I warmed up on level 4 for 2.5 minutes, ran for 20 minutes, walked at 3.5 for 2 minutes, ran for 10 minutes, then walked at 3.5 for 2.5 minutes.  As stressful as this week has been so far (and it's only Monday!), this run really helped me clear my head and motivate myself to get things done the rest of the evening.  Yay exercise!
These are my first workout points for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge for the week.  I did get in my 7+ freggies (fruits + veggies) today and yesterday, so add 2 more points for that!

Diet Tip of the Day
This weekend was a big weekend for sweets, as I baked some of my favorite cookies (red velvet chocolate chip...to die for!!) and bought the Mint Truffle Hershey's Kisses that are only around at Christmas time.  I found that I splurged for two reasons: the sweets were easily accessible and I hadn't eaten sweets in a while.
Source
Seriously, if you haven't tried these things, you NEED to!

While it's great to not keep sweets in the house so I don't eat them all the time, I find that I gorge myself.  That's why it's so important just to moderate rather than eliminate.

I plan on allowing myself 2-3 sweet items per week now, so that when I have access to them, I don't eat 20 Hershey's Kisses in one sitting (no lie, this happened.  And probably more than that).

Faith Find
It's interesting that I'm listening to a sermon series on Climate Change and dealing with our relationships with others as I am dealing with a tough situation at work.

I have a co-worker that is really difficult to work with, and I can't figure out why.  To me, she always seems to carry around a "stormy" climate with her, and honestly, that affects our interactions.  I always feel as thought she's being hostile toward me, even when she may not be.
Screen shot from the video introduction to the sermon series
I've started to realize that maybe I give off a certain climate that I don't intend to give off.  These climates to impact the forecast of my interactions with this person, so I need to consider how I may come off to her.

There is a lot of miscommunication and assumption going on between the two of us, and I am praying for a solution to our issues so that the second half of the year is not as tumultuous (i.e. me coming home crying all night after our attempt at collaborating).  Your prayers for me in this situation are much appreciated!

Question of the Day: What do you do to collaborate with someone isn't so receptive of you?  How do you work with someone in a team that isn't being a team player?
I can use all the help I can get!

4 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers for you Amy! That is a difficult situation to be in and I hope you are able to find a way to have a better working relationship with your coworker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hersheys kisses. I have to admit I have ate half the bag before too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so easy to do. They're just too small to enjoy just one!

      Delete