Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIAW #48: What's-in-the-pantry Edition

Good morning everyone!  After our busy weekend of having guests in our house, I feel like I've finally caught up on sleep.  I feel pretty glorious this morning :) 

I also got a kick out of Tequila last night--she got COMPLETELY under the covers (like, down-at-the-foot-of-the-bed under the covers) and slept there for a few hours!  When I'd wake up to roll over, I'd peak under and she just looked as happy as could be.  What a funny little pup!

Well, it's Wednesday (and I remembered to take a picture of my meals yesterday!), so it's time for another installment of...
Thanks so much to Jenn for the link-up!  Head over to her blog Peas and Crayons to see what other bloggers are eating, and to find out what What I Ate Wednesday is all about!

Since we had such a busy weekend, I didn't get to go to the grocery store as I wanted to.  So, for the past few days, we've been operating under the "Open up the pantry and see what we can scrounge together."  Certainly not the way I like to do things, but hey, it's worked so far!  Let's see how this strategy went on Tuesday:

Breakfast
No grocery store trip=no milk=can't make the overnight oats for breakfast that I COULD make with the oatmeal in the pantry.  So, I've been hitting up Dunkin' Donuts for Veggie Egg White Flatbreads this week.  
However, Dunkin' must be running low on things, too, because they have been out of the flatbread!  I can get the Veggie Egg White sandwich, but I've been getting it on a bagel or croissant.  Well, on Tuesday, they messed up my order and gave me a Turkey Sausage Egg White Croissant.  Still pretty tasty!

Morning Snack
Not pictured, but I got a chocolate glazed donut at DD to enjoy mid-morning.  So tasty, but yet so bad for you!  That's the downfall to getting breakfast in the morning--I can't resist a donut!

Lunch
A peanut butter sandwich, carrots, and a clementine!  I really like to eat out of the orange food group, apparently!  Notice the bite out of the sandwich--I was so excited to eat that I almost forgot to take a picture.  Oops :)

Afternoon Snack
My co-workers at one of my schools surprised with me a baby shower in place of our department meeting (how nice!!), so we snacked on yummy cupcakes and some delicious spinach and artichoke dip.  I didn't get any pictures because I didn't bring my phone to the "meeting"--they really got me there!

Dinner
I made some lemon pepper chicken and served canned peas and canned carrots on the side.  Pretty tasty and healthy meal, especially for a "What's in the pantry?" type meal!

Not a horrible day of eats, but I certainly eat a lot more unhealthy things when I don't meal plan and prep at the beginning of the week.  I'm planning to get to the store this evening and do some meal prep for the rest of the week into next week!

Question for you: What's your go-to use-whatever's-in-the-pantry meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment