Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weekend + HBBC Week 4 Recap

 Well, hello again, blogland!!  Boy, was last week pretty crazy, and the fun has just continued to this week!  I think things just keep getting more busy up until the holidays.  Joe's had finals, and I've been busy getting things wrapped up for the semester with my teachers.  Busy bees!

In spite of the busy-ness, we had a really fun weekend, so I wanted to share what we did!  On Friday, we did our usual Mexican night then turned in early.  We had a wedding to get to on Saturday!

We left around noon on Saturday for Vero Beach.  Two of Joe's high school friends were getting married, and we got in town a little early to spend some time with the other guests before the wedding.  After the catch-up time, we headed to Waldo's Secret Garden for the wedding and reception.
A beautiful sunset provided the perfect scenery for Pat and Christian as they said their vows.
The reception was in a rustic building behind the ceremony space.  The decor was beautiful, and all of the Christmas lights also set the mood for the holidays.

The food was great, and there was lots of dancing.  We really enjoyed our time celebrating Pat and Christian's marriage!
We drove back home after the wedding to get some sleep before heading to Jacksonville on Sunday.  We wanted to go to one more Jaguars game before football season ended, so Joe gathered a small group of friends and we went up there early Sunday morning.

Parking lot-wide shotgun circle every half hour...woof.

It was a little colder than we expected, but we really couldn't tell until after the game!

We had a lot of fun tailgating and watching the game, despite the loss by the Jaguars.  Hey, at least we saw them score a touchdown, which was a first for me (even though I've been to three games)!





While we're at it, let's also recap this week of workouts!  This post is already on the long side, so I won't be doing my usual HBBC recap.  Just my workouts!

Image Source
Sunday-CXWORX class for 45 minutes (3 points)
Monday-rest day
Tuesday-1.25 hour yoga class (3.75 points)
Wednesday-2.5 mile run (this run felt really, really good!) plus some stretching/foam rolling (3.5 points)

Thursday-rest day
Friday-rest day
Saturday-busy rest day

Overall, 3 workouts this week.  Not too bad, but I did regress a little.  I also regressed in my water drinking and fruit + veggie eating.  BUT, my goal is to get back to 4 workouts this week.  I'm going to beat myself up over this one week.  Instead, I'll use it as motivation for next week!

Question for you: So what have you been up to last week?  What's a goal you have for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment