Monday, December 9, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

Hi everyone!  How was your Monday?  I was so excited today for two reasons: first, only 8 more school days (and one teacher work day) until winter break.  Second, one of my favorite shows returns to TV tonight!
Image Source
This show is an A Capella group competition and I LOVE IT!  The groups are all so talented, and I have accurately predicted the winner on the first night each of the past three seasons.  I hope to continue that streak tonight :)





I wanted to share a recipe with y'all today for a tasty treat that packs a good protein punch.
I talked about this delicious smoothie in a WIAW post and wanted to share the recipe for you!
Ingredients:
-1 frozen banana
-1 spoonful of peanut butter (I don't recommend using crunchy peanut butter, but that's all I had!)
-2 spoonfuls of cocoa powder (or more, to taste)
-1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (chocolate protein powder would be tasty, too)
-enough milk to cover ingredients in the blender

Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.  If you want, add a little bit of natural sweetener (or a little more cocoa powder) to taste.

This was the perfect afternoon pick-me-up and was very filling!  If you try it and make any modifications, let me know!

Question for you: What's your favorite smoothie recipe?  Are you watching the Sing-Off? 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm Chocoloate PB is one of my FAVORITE shakes to make! I toss in a handful of spinach. It changes the color, but not the taste (I promise!!) and you get all those extra nutrients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that sounds delicious! I LOVE smoothies in the winter, but just cant bring myself to drink them once it gets below like 60 degrees. I'm a wimp in the winter!

    ReplyDelete