Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WIAW #21: Emphasis on the Freggies

Hey y'all!  It's Wednesday, so you know what that means...
It's time for What I Ate Wednesday!  This week, I'm showing you Tuesday's meals, which focus on getting in 5-7 servings of freggies.  Thank you to Jenn for hosting the WIAW link-up.  Head on over to her blog to check out what other people are eating!

What are freggies?  Well, the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge started, and one of the ways to earn points is by eating 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables.  Last year, one of the participants put them together (fruits + veggies = freggies) to make it easier to type ;)

Let's see how I did on Tuesday!

Breakfast
I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Vanilla Clusters topped with banana slices.  To be quite honest, I have avoided bananas for quite a while.  My mom had me eat a banana when I had an upset stomach when I was younger, and I associate them with nausea.  I think I've gotten over it, though, and have enjoyed slicing a banana as a cereal topping!

Morning Snack
A Luna Protein bar + a gala apple.  Quite a tasty and satisfying snack!

Lunch

Tuesday's lunch was a salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, orange peppers, and half an avocado.  I also had a carrot and slices of a green pepper.  Lots of veggies there!!

Afternoon Snack

I had a doctor's appointment, so I was home a lot earlier than usual.  I was able to make myself a new-to-me smoothie with included a frozen banana, cocoa powder, protein powder, peanut butter, and milk. It was quite a tasty one, and I will certainly share the recipe soon!

Dinner
Dinner wasn't so freggie-filled, but hey, sometimes a girl just needs some cheeseburger macaroni!
Joe and I were kind of busy in the evening, so I made an easy dinner that we could both eat quickly going to-and-from our meetings.

And there you have it!  I'd say that I did a very good job of getting in my 5-7 servings (by my count, I had 7 servings!) and hope to continue that trend throughout the challenge.

Question for you: How many servings of fruits and veggies do you get a day?

2 comments:

  1. The amount of fruits and veggies changes for me every day! Like today I drank a green juice with a banana so I'm probably good to go ;) Love that afternoon smoothie though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, green juices really help up those freggie servings :) Smoothies are my go-to boost to those serving counts.

      Delete