Sunday, November 24, 2013

Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge Week 1 Recap

Good afternoon!  I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but it is cloudy, windy, and cool (for Flordia...) here.  Sounds like the perfect day for sweat pants, a cup of coffee, and a good book!

This week was the first week of Amanda's Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge.  
As I've mentioned before, the challenge is focused on being healthy over the holidays and keeping other participants accountable.  Each day, you earn points for workouts, eating 5-7 servings of freggies, drinking 64+ ounces of water, and participating on the Facebook group.  Let's take a look at how I did!

Sunday:
Felt stylish courtesy of my BAMR Band
-I ran 4.22 miles total (I missed a little bit on my Garmin due to not starting it again after waiting at some crosswalks!).  The run felt great :) (4.22 points)
-Got in freggies and water consumption on this first day. (2 points)
Daily Total: 6.22 + Facebook participation = 7.22

Monday:
-Earned my activity points with a 30-minute upper body workout thanks to the Nike Training Club App.  I supplemented it with a few of my own exercises for my chest and triceps. (2 points)
-Got in the freggies and water!  The steamed zucchini and carrots we had with dinner certainly helped in doing so. (2 points)
Daily total: 4 + Facebook participation = 5

Tuesday:
-Yoga for 1.25 hours earned my points today (and helped to stretch my legs!) (3.75 points)
-Freggies today, but no water.  You can see how I did that on my WIAW post. (1 points)
Daily total: 5.75 + Facebook =5.75

Wednesday:
-No activity today.  Busy day of meetings and Bible study after work.
-Got the water in and freggies (2 points)
Daily Total: 2

Thursday:
No activity, freggies, or water today.  Joe and I went out for dinner and drinks with some friends, which makes it a lot harder to get in the water counts!
Daily Total: 0

Friday:
No activity or freggies today, but I definitely got in my water!
Daily Total: 1

Saturday:

-I ran my first 8K on Saturday (recap coming tomorrow)!  While I didn't meet the goals I'd set, I still had a great time getting my workout in early in the day.  I also wound up running 5.06 miles instead of the 4.97 miles, so I earned myself a few hundredths of a point :) (5.06 points)
-No freggies, but got in my water consumption! (1 point)
Daily Total: 6.06 + Facebook = 7.06

Overall this week: 28.03

Successes This Week:
-Food prep--I set myself up for Freggie Success by prepping food on Sunday.  We got plenty of fresh fruits and veggies at the store, I sliced them up beforehand, and just grabbed what I needed when packing lunch or making dinner.
-4 Workouts in the Week-That's way more than my 2 workouts in weeks before!  Woo!

Goal for Next Week:
Even when I'm out of my routine due to Thanksgiving, I want to get in 4 workouts and get in my water consumption each day this week.

Question for you: What were your successes this week?

1 comment:

  1. congrats on getting in the workouts and the plans for next week!!! now to get in that water!!

    ReplyDelete