Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WIAW #20: Quest Bars

Hey everyone!  It seems like Monday and Tuesday are not good blogging days for me.  I'll work on that for next week.

Today is Wednesday, so it's time for....
Hooray!  Head on over to Jenn's blog Peas and Crayons to see what the rest of the blogging world is eating.

This week, I wanted to talk about Quest Nutrition bars.  Their protein bars are made from (mostly) natural ingredients.  Their slogan is "Cheat Clean," and with flavors like Double Chocolate Chunk and Cinnamon Bun, I can see what they mean!  Most of their bars are very low in sugar, high in fiber, and a great source of protein.  I've heard a lot about them on other blogs, and last week I stopped by GNC to pick some up.
They were buy 3 bars, get 1 free, so I mixed-and-matched to try a few different flavors.  The sales clerk was very helpful and told me the flavors that seem to be really popular.  Here's what I wound up with and what I thought about each!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar

I heard a lot of good things about this flavor, so I was expecting a lot.  Let me tell you, it lived up to the hype!
The bar literally tastes like cookie dough and also has the consistency of it.  Yum!  There is a slight protein-y taste to it, but if you didn't know you were eating a Quest bar, you would think it was actually cookie dough. I'd give this one 4.5/5 stars.

Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar

This is the newest flavor, and it's been getting good reviews.  I enjoyed this one, but it was not quite as good as the cookie dough bar.  This one was in the fridge with my lunch, so it was a little more solid than the other one.  Maybe that effected my enjoyment of it.  Rating: 3.5/5 stars.

Cinnamon Bun Quest Bar

This was another flavor I'd heard a lot of good things about, and once again, it lived up to the hype.  It was a little softer and had a delicious flavor without overpowering you with cinnamon.  I'd have to say, I think this one was my favorite of those I tried!  Rating: 4.75/5 starts.

Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar

Another yummy flavor!  It really did taste like you were eating a brownie, but again had a slight protein-y taste.  Rating: 4/5 stars.

Overall Thoughts

The flavors of all the bars were really good.  At first, the consistency was a little weird to me (I'm a little picky about consistency).  I got used to it, though, and think I'll definitely pick up some Quest bars again.  They are on the expensive side at GNC, but you can find boxes of 12 for a pretty discounted price online.

Thanks to my lack of posts, I've fallen behind on my 30 Days of Thanks challenge!
30 Days of Thanks Challenge on Diary of a Semi-Health Nut

Day 4
Day 4 is dedicated to this special man:
My husband!  After two weekends of us being apart, I was especially thankful to spend time with him on Monday.  Joe is very patient with me, encourages me, and makes me laugh.  He's caring, affectionate, and very helpful.  Look at these delicious burgers (ignore the blurry picture) he made for dinner on Monday!

He's always looking out for my best interests and supports me in everything I do.  He's a keeper, and I love him!!

Day 5
On Tuesday, I was thankful for answered prayers.  Driving to work, I just felt really down and couldn't figure out way.  I prayed over the day and asked for God to be with me, and He was faithful!  I am thankful that He listens to us, provides for us, and that His will for our lives is perfect!

Day 6
Today, I am thankful for the luxuries of life.  I'm thankful for the roof over my head, the food on the table, the cars we have to drive, having a job, and having funds for the "fun things."  For example, I went to a play on Saturday evening.
Tickets were not cheap, and it was in Orlando (about an hour drive).  Plus, Joe was away this weekend on a boys' trip to the Georgia/Florida game.  I am thankful that Joe and I are fortunate enough to take advantage of those fun opportunities.

Question for you: Have you tried Quest Bars before?  What's your favorite flavor?  Also, feel free to share anything you are thankful for today!!


Disclaimer: I purchased Quest bars with my own money and am receiving no compensation for this post.  I just wanted to let y'all know what I thought.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment