Saturday, November 16, 2013

Upcoming Races

Good morning, everyone!  How's your weekend going so far?  It's going to be another relaxing weekend for us, with lots of football to watch and chores to catch up on.  I've also got a friend's baby show to go to today, which is going to be a lot of fun!






Lately, I have done a very poor job of exercising.  I'm really not sure why, but it is what it is.  Luckily, I've got a few races coming up, as well as the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge, to get my training started and keep me motivated!

First up, I'm running a new-to-me distance next weekend: an 8k!  I'm doing the Run for FUTURES 8k, which raises money for the schools in my area.  I'm looking forward to this new distance and running for a good cause!
Image Source
Next up, I'm running the Ed Root Memorial 10K in New Smyrna Beach on December 7th.  I ran this race last year as my first 10K.  I loved the course, and my goal is to PR at this distance during this race.

Finally, I have two half marathons scheduled for February 2014.  You all know that I'm running the Disney Princess Half Marathon once more, and this time I'm running to raise money for Kellsie's Hope Foundation.  Check out my post about it, and any support you can provide would be much appreciated!  (If you can give, go to this website, click on my name (Amy Herring), and you can give via PayPal.)

The weekend before that race, I'm going to be participating in the Daytona Beach Half Marathon!
Image Source
With this half marathon being exactly a week before the Princess Half, I'm going to be focusing in my training on running long distances with little rest.  One thing I'll probably do is run a semi-long run the day before my long run for the week.  I plan on posting my training plan soon, and I'll be sure to update y'all on how the training is going!

Another thing that I've been researching and the thoughts have been circulating my mind...
Image Source
A full marathon??  I never thought I'd even CONSIDER this, but if my two half marathons in a row go well (and I actually stick to my training plan), I may more seriously think about running a marathon.  Crazy....I know.

Question for you: Any raises on the horizon for you?  If you've run a marathon before, what spurred you on to actually do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment