Sunday, November 3, 2013

State of My Knee Run

Did everyone remember to set their clocks back an hour?  Luckily, my phone and computer automatically updated.  Now, I just have some clocks to take care of in the kitchen (and the car).





Yesterday, I did my first workout post-Lighthouse Loop Half Marathon.  I did what I thought of as a "State of My Knee" run, where I ran a minute, walked a minute for about two miles.
My knee wound up feeling fine!  I was nervous to get back to running so soon, but things seemed to be ok.  I'm still going to be taking it easy the next few weeks and make sure to focus on stretching pre- and post-run, foam rolling, and getting back to yoga.

After the run, I wanted to get in a good ab workout.  Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers recently mentioned the Nike Training Club app, so I decided to download it and give it a go.  I used the Ab Burner workout in the Get Focused section, and it was definitely a good one!  I haven't done ab work in a long time, and the way my abs felt afterward reminded me why I love working them so much!

Ok, time for Day 3 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge....
30 Days of Thanks Challenge on Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
Day 3
In addition to being thankful that my knee is improving, today I am especially thankful for the Word of God and those that preach it.  I started my morning with a great time of Bible study completing my homework for the Breaking Free study...
...then went to church this morning and heard a great sermon.
I'm thankful for the Bible because it contains God's instructions for our lives and many answers to our prayers.  I'm thankful for those who help us discern what the Word says because sometimes, that can be a really hard thing to do!

Question for you: Do you have any favorite workout apps?  What are you thankful for on this lovely Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment