Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WIAW #22: Thanksgiving Week

Good morning, everyone!  No school today, so I enjoyed sleeping in and sipping my coffee as I type up this post.
I hope you enjoyed Julie's guest post from yesterday!  If you didn't see it, go check it out.

Well, today is Wednesday, which means it's time for another What I Ate Wednesday post!
Today's post features yesterday's meals.  As always, thank you to Jenn for hosting the WIAW link-up!  Check out what WIAW is all about AND see what other bloggers are eating.

Breakfast

Different breakfast today!  This is what the Insanity diet calls "Proatmeal."  It's 2/3 cup steel cut oats, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, some chopped almonds, and 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries.  I really enjoyed this meal!

Morning Snack

Half a peanut butter and raspberry jelly sandwich.  This is a tasty little snack for the middle of the day.  Until we started doing the Insanity diet, I never would have thought of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich as a snack!

Lunch
Roast beef, tomato, and onion on a sandwich thin, a side salad, and a carrot.  Pretty satisfying!

Afternoon Snack

We've been getting protein bars as one of our snacks for the diet, but this week we tried the PowerBar protein bars.  They are really, really good!  

Dinner
Joe and I moved our Mexican night to Tuesday since we'll be eating turkey and stuffing on Thursday.  I had a good amount of chips and salsa, a chicken taco, and a chicken quesadilla.  We were eating with some people I didn't know as well, so I didn't take a picture.

Freggie Count: As a part of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge, I'm trying to keep track of the fruits and veggies I eat during the day.  The goal is get 5-7 servings.  Today, I got 1 serving during breakfast, 3 servings during lunch, and 1 serving during dinner (yes, I ate that much salsa!).  Total: 5 servings!  Woo hoo!

Thanksgiving Menu
This is the first year that I am not having Thanksgiving with my parents and grandparents.  Time to see how the Herring side of the family celebrates!  This also means that I will be cooking some dishes for the first time ever.  Here's what I'm prepared to bring:
Image Source: Run, Eat, Repeat
Image Source
Joe says that Pineapple Casserole sounds weird, but my grandmother makes it every year and I think it's delicious!  Please tell me others have heard of this before!

Anyway, I hope that my readers in the USA have a very happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy time with your families, time to be thankful for what you have, the food on your plates, and all the football/shopping you can handle (if you're in to those)!  That second sentences goes for everyone :)  We all need that daily, regardless of whether it's Thanksgiving or not!
#pureirony Image Source
Question for you: What's on your Thanksgiving menu?  Have you heard of pineapple casserole before?

No comments:

Post a Comment