Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Peppermint Brownies

Y'all, I made it!  It's Winter Break!  We are on our way to my parents' house for Christmas, then on to Joe's family after we return.




How many of you have holiday parties this weekend that you need to make something for?  As a big baker, I like to bring sweets for Christmas get-togethers.  I wanted to share my Christmas go-to treat, which is simple to make and a definite crowd pleaser!
To me, peppermint and chocolate just tastes like Christmas!  These provide that holiday taste, and all you need is a box of brownie mix and a bag of the small, individually-wrapped York peppermint patties!
  1. Mix brownies as directed on the box (I like to use Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies).
  2. Bake brownies at the given temperature, but TAKE THEM OUT about three minutes before completely baked.
  3. Place York peppermint patties all over the top of the brownies
  4. Put brownies back in the oven and bake for remaining three minutes.
  5. Spread the melted York peppermint patties to completely cover the top of the brownies.
After you spread the peppermint patties out, it looks like a pretty marbled frosting!

Enjoy!

Some Interesting Reads...

No comments:

Post a Comment