Monday, January 5, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 28 Weeks

Good Monday morning, y'all!  Hope your week is off to a good start.  I'm having a glucose tolerance test done this morning...so that should be fun (not)!  Then, I've got lots of errands to run before I got back to work on Monday.  I can't believe break is over already!

This week's pregnancy update is coming at you a day early because I'm going to start my Dubai trip recaps tomorrow!  I figured it was best to do those a few days in a row instead of interrupting them with the pregnancy update :)
Pregnancy Update: 28 Weeks

How far along? 28 weeks (and one day)--officially in the third trimester! Ahhh!

Baby Bump progress: 
sorry for the weird angle of the picture this week.  I had to do it with a self-timer, and I didn't have anything high enough to set the camera on!

Baby's Size? an eggplant!  About 2.5 pounds and 16 inches long

What's happening this week?  
  • Baby has learned to blink!
  • Experiencing REM sleep
  • Lungs are nearing full maturity
  • Developing more fat, so the skin is starting to smooth out

Total weight gain/loss: 13.5 pounds as of last doctor's appointment in mid-December.  My next appointment is next week, so I'll have an updated number then!

Stretch marks? no new ones!

Sleep: still sleeping pretty well!  I've been waking up about an hour before I'll get up to use the restroom, but other than that, I'm sleeping normally and comfortably.  I'm really thankful for this because I've heard horror stories about sleeping while pregnant :)

Best moment this week: This whole weekend, I was really productive with knocking some things off my to-do list!  We have a lot more to do around the house before Baby Fish arrives, BUT I feel good that I actually made some progress on that list!  I also went and got more things on the registry.  Woo hoo for motivation!

Miss anything?: fitting in to my normal clothes, being able to stand up easily (it's getting hard, y'all!).  I also particularly missed alcohol this week because of New Year's Eve--I toasted midnight with some Sprite.  Whoop whoop!  (also, no wine for watching the Bachelor tonight?!?! this will be weird!)
No champagne for me at midnight!

Movement: Baby Fish is quite the active little thing!  He/she is getting pretty active, and the movements I feel are getting stronger and stronger.  This does not bode well for the rib-kicks in the future...they already hurt a good bit!

Food cravings: Honestly, I've had zero cravings this week!  The only thing is I want something to eat right before bed, which is a little unusual for me.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I was a little put-off when we ordered Chinese food one night and my lo mein had mushrooms in it.  I filled up on other things, but once I saw the mushrooms, I could not finish my main dish!

Gender: We'll find out when Baby Fish is born :)

Labor Signs: none (thankfully!)

Symptoms: 
  • lower back pain every now and then
  • growing belly
  • itchy/dry skin on my belly and back
  • acid reflux, especially when I eat too much or eat poorly
  • emotional over everything

Belly Button in or out? in, but definitely not as deep as it was

Wedding rings on or off? on!

Happy or Moody?: Mostly happy toward the beginning of the week, but the end of the week brought a lot more emotional moments!  See the funny moment below for an example!

Funny moments this week: When Tequila comes in from going outside, we have her sit so we can wipe her feet off (dirt + white tile floors = big old mess if we don't!).  On Sunday, when I wiped one of her paws, she yelped like I'd hurt her.  After looking at that paw, I noticed one of her claws was bloody, and it looked like she had chewed it off.  I started sobbing because I'd hurt her and I wasn't sure what to do to help that heal!  Oh goodness, what an emotional mess I was. :)

Looking forward to: baby showers (worked on invite lists this weekend), getting more of my before-baby to-do list completed, and getting registries finalized!

Exercise this week I did pretty well with exercise this week toward the beginning of the week, but I made excuses on the weekend that kept me from exercising.  
Tuesday-morning BodyPUMP class (REALLY loving getting this done in the morning!)
Wednesday-1.92 mile run + 0.72 mile walk with Tequila (last run of 2014)
Thursday-3.13 mile run + 0.48 mile walk (first run of 2015!)
Friday-rest day
Saturday-rest day
Sunday-rest day
As work starts back up this week, I'm hoping to start and maintain a workout schedule that will keep me active and that I'll stick to.  I want to start incorporating more strength training each week and plan to include that in my schedule, as well!

Question for you: Were you in a get-things-done mood like I was this last week?  What were your workouts like this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you're still sleeping well! My sleep has sucked starting at like 13 weeks, and I think it's getting progressively worse! haha. I'm going to be in big trouble by the time the 3rd trimester arrives! But way to go on your workouts - I'm still so impressed with your speedy runs! I try and get out there to run, but I'm definitely a LOT slower than I used to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm praying my good sleeping stays through the 3rd trimester...gotta rest up while I can before the baby keeps us up!
      I think the only reason I'm able to kind of keep up my speed is run/walk intervals. Plus, running with my dog helps :)

      Delete