Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 31 Weeks + Baby Shower!

Good morning, everyone!  Hope you are having a great week so far.  I had a really busy day yesterday, so it was nice to just relax last night and watch The Bachelor after all the running around I did!  If you're watching this season--is it just me, or are these girls OBSESSED with bright colored lipstick?  If you ask me, it's a little too much!

Anyway, let's get on to your regularly schedule Tuesday post: a pregnancy update!  I can't believe that I'm 31 weeks already.  Baby Fish is going to be here before we know it--ready or not!!

Pregnancy Update: 31 Weeks

How far along? 31 weeks (and two days)

Baby Bump progress: I think I'm makeup-less in this picture, but that's not the point of these, right?
Baby's Size? a pineapple!  About 18 inches long and 3+ pounds

What's happening this week?  
  • Brain and nerves are continuing to develop
  • Irises in the eyes are reacting to light
  • All five senses are working!
Total weight gain/loss: 17.2 pounds total as of the last appointment (I go back next week!)

Stretch marks? no new ones!  I keep thinking I have some when I get up in the morning, but fortunately, it's just impressions from my sheets/pajamas after sleeping on them all night :)

Sleep:  Not as good as it's been in the past...I've been waking up a few times each night lately.  I am able to go back to sleep, but I'm still feeling a little restless after the first wake-up.  I think I'm going to use my Fitbit to track my sleep more so I can see how it's actually going!

Best moment this week: my baby shower that my boss and co-workers threw for me!  (see below for more details)
Miss anything?: fitting in to my normal clothes, being able to reach down comfortably, breathing deeply (I get to a point where it hurts to keep try to breathe in more)

Movement: Still moving and grooving!  I have yet to feel hiccups, or maybe I have and just didn't know it...I'm certainly feeling kicks and punches in both directions.  And Baby Fish DOES NOT like stuff being set on my stomach, even my arm!

Food cravings: I've been wanting a lot of sweets this week.  I try to resist, but sometimes, they're all I can think about!  I think I've had a mug brownie each night this week while watching TV. :-X

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, still doing well in that department, thankfully!

Gender: We'll find out when Baby Fish is born :)

Labor Signs: none (thankfully!)

Symptoms: 
  • growing belly (seriously I think this thing gets bigger by the hour!)
  • itchy skin
  • acid reflux
  • shortness of breath, particularly when carrying lots of stuff
Belly Button in or out? still technically in, but it's getting more flat and really weirding me out!!  I'm just not going to look at it in the mirror from here on out

Wedding rings on or off? on!

Happy or Moody?: Pretty happy, minus one emotional moment--it was really silly, but I just could not stop crying!

Funny moments this week: On Friday, I had a meeting with all of the other math coaches in the district.  I always love these meetings, because the other coaches are great and we really collaborate well!  Anyway, during this meeting, we got to talking about teachers we work with that are resistant.  I started thinking about how easily annoyed I've been getting lately, and I wasn't sure if it was the pregnancy or me just being an impatient person that I normally am.  So, I asked everyone (most everyone is a female who has children) if they, too, were more impatient while pregnant.  They all laughed, and I think someone said "like you were patient before?"  It was really entertaining, and we all got a good laugh out of it :)  They know me well!!

Looking forward to: getting more "nesting" done (organizing baby things, making room to store them, decluttering the house, etc.) and prepping for the baby!  I feel like there's so much to do, and I've been putting things off.  I'm looking forward to making progress on those things!  

I'm also looking forward to packages arriving and seeing what they bring!  I've had a few people tell me to expect something in the mail, and yesterday, two big boxes arrived!
Yes, that is Tequila in the corner--she wouldn't move!
Definitely time to declutter the house so that I can get these things out of the middle of the living room!

Exercise this week My main thing this week was to finish the Daytona 5K and to make it to BodyPUMP on Wednesday.  Let's see how I did!
Tuesday-short walk with Tequila
Wednesday-BodyPUMP
Thursday-1.57 mile walk with Tequila
Friday-rest day
Saturday-Daytona 5K
Sunday-rest day
Monday-busy day--didn't fit in a workout like I wanted to!

Baby Fish Feature: Baby Shower with my Co-workers!
This past Saturday, my boss threw Baby Fish and me a shower!  It was so much fun, so I wanted to tell y'all about it!  It was held at her condo's social room.  Everything was just so adorable!
My boss and one of my co-workers planned lots of fun games to play during the shower!  We played the "Don't say BABY" game, where if someone caught you saying "baby", they took a clothes pin from you.  The person with the most pins at the end won a prize.  They also had newborn diapers, and everyone wrote some funny things on them.  Another game we played was "Guess the Baby Food."  I actually got 4/6 correct!  The yellow and white ones confused me...I thought the yellow one (#2) was bananas, but it was really pears!
We also played the game where all the guests cut a length of string to see how close they could get to my belly's size!  I know some people get sensitive with this game, but I thought it was really fun.  It was particularly funny to me, as everyone there was a math teacher!  Some of us needed to work on our estimating skills :)

On top of games, we had good food, good company, and lots of laughs, too!
Everyone was very generous and brought gifts, as well!  While I opened gifts, everyone played "Baby BINGO" and marked squares off if I opened that item in a gifts (ex. diapers, baby wipes, burp clothes, toys, etc.)

I had such a good time, and I am so thankful to these lovely ladies for their kindness and a fun afternoon!!
Baby Fish is very loved already :)

Question for you: What games have you played at showers before (wedding, baby, etc.)?
We played "Don't say Wedding" and Present Bingo at my bridal shower, too!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! At my bridal shower we played the "who knows Stephanie best", Draw Stephanie with your eyes closed, and the toilet paper wedding dress game. All were fun, although to be honest I hate being the center of attention so it was all a bit uncomfortable to me. I'm hoping for a low-key baby shower!

    ReplyDelete