Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend + Training Log 5/11

Hey hey!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Whether you are a mother, a mother-figure, or someone hoping to be a mother some day, I hope you were celebrated yesterday!

Time to recap our weekend and my training from last week.

Friday
Joe worked at the office near his grandparents' house, so Baby Fish and I spent time visiting with them.
From their first time meeting her
When Joe got off, we went to lunch (gotta love a good buffet of Southern food!) then headed back home.  We went straight to the park for some exercise.
Our evening consisted of getting our new couch delivered, Joe grilling some steaks and watching some sports on TV.  Nice, relaxing Friday evening!

Saturday
We started Saturday by sleeping in!!!  Baby Fish did get up and eat from 7-8, but she went back to sleep until 9:45!  Woo hoo!  The rest of the morning and early afternoon were spent lounging around and watching movies!
We did some playing around on the play mat,
went for a short walk,
Not sure what to think about Tequila's excitement
then watched more movies and sports.  Saturdays with a newborn--exciting, I tell ya!

Sunday
Sunday was my first Mother's Day!  We went up to Joe's grandparents' house again to go to church with them.  My father-in-law and Joe's uncle and cousins were there, so it was great to see all of them!  The sermon was a good one about "motherly virtues", essentially good things about parenting.  Very appropriate for Joe and me at this time in our lives!
Love this even though it's blurry
Afterward, we went to lunch (another yummy buffet!) and visited until mid-afternoon.  It was nice to see some of Joe's family on Mother's Day.  I know his grandmother loved having us there, and everyone loved getting to see the baby (especially Joe's dad--it was so cute seeing him all excited and loving on her!).

We headed home to meet up with Joe's friend from chiropractic school, Carson, who was going to be staying with us Sunday night.  He beat us to the house, and we enjoyed catching up with him the rest of the afternoon.  Then, to celebrate Mother's Day dinner, we headed to our new favorite Mexican place for some good food!

Overall, it was a good Mother's Day.  I wouldn't have spent it any other way than with Joe and Baby Fish, surrounded by family.

Training Log 5/4-5/10
Here's a look at how my exercise went during the last week:
Monday-1.67 mile walk
Tuesday-rest day
Wednesday-2.17 mile walk
Thursday-2.4 mile walk
Friday-1.3ish mile walk at the park with Joe, BF, and Tequila
Saturday-1ish mile walk
Sunday-rest day
Overall, I'm very pleased with getting 5 walks in this week!  According to my training plan for the spring and summer, that's exactly what I wanted to do.  All of my walks included Baby Fish and Tequila, and we normally walk while Joe is at work.  It was a treat on Friday to have Joe join us!  It seems that's a new Friday tradition to go to the park and walk around on the track.  I hope it continues because I really enjoy it!

I'm also itching to get back to the gym for group exercise classes and weight training, as well as getting back to running!  This week, I researched gyms around here and look forward to checking them out when I can.  Also, these new clothes from Fabletics got me ready to get back to more intense exercises!
I'm hoping to get cleared by my doctor at my appointment next Thursday to do so!

Question for you: What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Happy first mother's day!! Sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend full of good food and lots of family! And you're totally rocking your walks too. Definitely a pro of giving birth in the spring/summer. I can't imagine giving birth in the winter and not being able to get outside at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, thanks! And yes, I'd be going even MORE crazy to work out if I gave birth in the winter! I'm really enjoying my walks--great for me, and great for getting the baby to chill out if she's fussy :)

      Delete