Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WIAW #56: Back to Work/School

What, it's Wednesday already?!?  That means that the students start back tomorrow!  Crazy that my 6th year of teaching is just about to begin!  Things have been quite busy for me since pre-planning started last Thursday, and it's quite an adjustment having a baby to come home to now.  I love it, though, and will certainly adjust to everything soon!

(Side note: Why are we starting on a Thursday??  It's really messing with my head!)

Anyway, let's get on to some What I Ate Wednesday fun!
I'm linking up with Jenn to share with you most of my meals from diner on Monday and all of Tuesday! I'm working hard to follow my meal plan (as well as the 21 Day Fix diet), and so far everything is going well.  Check out with other bloggers are eating over at Peas and Crayons!

Monday Dinner
I just had to share a picture of Monday's dinner because I feel like it turned out rather nice-looking (especially for me)!
Grilled fish tostadas were on the menu, and I think they turned out well.  Joe seemed to enjoy them, too, so it was a dinner win all around!

Tuesday Breakfast
I followed my meal plan and had a bowl of oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter mixed in.  Simple, yet tasty!
21DF containers: 1 yellow, 1 tsp

Morning Snack
This is a recycled photo, but my morning snack was pineapple Chobani Greek yogurt with some oats mixed in.  Another simple snack that was pretty filling
21DF containers: 1 red, 0.5 yellow, 0.5 purple

Lunch
I went home for lunch and made myself a salad topped with orange peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I scarfed that down while finished up my dinner preparations in the crock pot, then I ate a fruit cup of pineapple.
Before I headed back to school, I mixed up my Shakeology with coffee, almond milk, and a little vanilla extract.  It was the perfect way to have a "treat" in the afternoon that was actually healthy!
21DF containers: 2 green, 0.5 purple, 1 red

Afternoon Snack
I left my planned afternoon snack at school, so I grabbed this protein granola bar before heading off to my workout.  Not exactly on the meal plan, but it did a good job of holding me over until dinner!
21DF container: I'm counting it as 1 yellow, 2 tsp

Dinner
I planned to make stuffed peppers in the crock pot so that I could go to my exercise group without delaying our meal.  I followed this recipe, and they turned out great!
There were also leftovers, so we are good to go for dinner later in the week.  Score!
21 DF containers: 2 green, 2 red, 1 blue, 0.5 yellow (rice mixed in)

21DF Container Totals: 4/4 green, 4/4 red, 3/3 yellow, 1/3 purple, 1/1 blue, 0/1 orange, 3/4 tsp
I'm lacking in the purple (fruit), so I'm going to work on that today!

Workout

I finally was able to attend the mommy fitness group at the park just up the street from our house!  We walked a lap on the track, did 2 rounds of a core circuit, walked another lap, then did 2 more rounds of the core exercises.  It was a good workout, but it was also a relaxed environment and a lot of fun!  I'm looking forward to continuing to attend every Tuesday evening.

I'm really pleased with my day of eats, as well as the fact that I am staying on my meal plan so far!

Question for you:  Do you meal plan or follow a specific diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment