Monday, June 1, 2015

Grandmother's 90th Birthday Weekend + Training Log 6/1

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a fantastic weekend.  You'll hear more about my weekend in just a second, but can we talk about how it's ALREADY June?!  Is 2015 flying by for anyone else?  Man, I feel like we were JUST in January!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's June!  June is my favorite month because it's my birth month, our wedding anniversary month, and the start of summer.  But really, I just need time to slow down just a bit!  Before I know it, it'll be August and time to go back to work.

Ok, time to look at the weekend!

Friday
Baby Fish and I had a little treat on Friday morning--Joe didn't have to work!  We hung out with him and got some stuff done around the house.  It was nice for me to have another set of hands, because Baby Fish was a little fussy.

Joe did work in the afternoon, but as soon as he got home, we drove down to Gainesville for a quick little overnight trip.  We had a few errands to run there, so we thought we'd make a little visit out of it.  We picked up my mother-in-law and went to dinner with her and some of Joe's friends.
We had a good time catching up with everyone.  Plus, Baby Fish did great despite being out of her normal schedule.  She didn't go to bed until midnight!

Saturday
After a little bit of a late start to the morning, we left Gainesville to drive up to Tifton.  The big event of the weekend was celebrating Joe's grandmother's 90th birthday!!

We met the family at a buffet for lunch, and it was really exciting to see my brother-in-law (and Joe's aunt, uncle, and cousins) meet Baby Fish for the first time.

The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up at the grandparents' house.  We had a lot of fun playing with Joe's cousin's son, as well as talking with everyone else.
The highlight of the day for me was saying grace before dinner.  As a part of the prayer, we all went around and said what about Joe's grandmother we were thankful for.  Everyone had a different response, and I particularly loved Joe's grandfather's prayer of "Thank You for bringing her to me."  Joe's grandmother closed out the prayer with tears in her eyes, and I think the rest of us got a little misty-eyed, too!
Next, we had a delicious dinner, followed by birthday cake!
Then, Joe's grandmother shared stories throughout her 90 years of life.  It was really interesting learning more about her family and what she was like growing up.  We were all enthralled with what she said to say, as evidenced by this picture I took while feeding Baby Fish:

Sunday
We headed back up to Tifton for church with everyone on Sunday.  Baby Fish took advantage of the car time and took a nap!
We all went to lunch, then headed back to the house for more time spent visiting.  It was so great to spend so much time with Joe's side of the family this weekend!

We went back home around 4, then spent the rest of the evening relaxing.  
We were quite busy this weekend, which is tough with a newborn.

Training Log 5/25-5/31
I was so excited to finally be cleared for exercise, but our busy weekend kind of got in the way of my plans.  Here's what I did accomplish this week:
Monday-2 mile run
Tuesday-unplanned rest day--I wanted to go to this stroller fitness group that meets at the park near us on Tuesdays, but a storm rolled in right around that time.  Plus, I was sore from my run, so it was good to take it easy!
Wednesday-2 mile run + stretching
Thursday-rest day
Friday-unplanned rest day-I planned to run, but didn't get it in before we left for Gainesville
Saturday-short walk in the evening
Sunday-rest day
We have another busy weekend coming up, so I'm going to plan my workouts with that in mind.  I'm hoping to get in 3 runs and 2 strength workouts despite more traveling!

Question for you:  What did you do this weekend?  What have you done to celebrate milestone birthdays for you or for your family members?

No comments:

Post a Comment