Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Meal Plan Monday + Training Log 9/7

Hey, y'all!  Remember me (and Baby Fish)?
I used to blog around here every now and then.  I know I mentioned this before, but with all the transitions I've been going through with getting back to work, many things have taken a back seat.
I'm finally feeling on top of things and in my groove both at home and at work, so I'm going to make more of an effort to come around here more frequently!  I don't want to promise a regular posting schedule, since my family and work are going to take precedence.  But, I will say that I'm going to come around here more often than once every three weeks :)

So, since this is my first post of the week, let's just jump right in to what I normally post on Mondays--Meal Plan Monday and my Training Log!

I have been doing a much better job of meal planning and food prep, and it's made things so much easier around the house.  Knowing exactly what we're having for dinner and ensuring that have the ingredients on hand and ready is one less thing I have to worry about!
Breakfasts will be oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter and a Shakeology shake.
Lunches will be a quinoa bowl with black beans, salsa, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and half an avocado.

Here's what dinners will look like:
Monday-Lemon Pepper Chicken-a quick and easy meal, with a side of steamed broccoli!
Tuesday-Crock Pot Jambalaya-This is one of our favorite meals, and the crock pot makes it easy to get to the fitness group I like to go on Tuesday evenings.
Wednesday-out for Mexican-There are great specials at our favorite Mexican place on Wednesdays, so that's our normal Wednesday meal!
Thursday-Grilled Fish Tostadas-We made these about a month ago, and they're so good.  Easy to make, easy clean-up, and they're healthy.
Friday-Wedding in Philly!-I'm heading to Philadelphia for a wedding, so Friday's dinner will be there celebrating Brynn and Lionel's wedding with a bunch of my friends :)

Training Log 8/31-9/6
I've still been taking it easy following my foot/ankle sprain from 3 weeks ago.  I did, however, get in a few light workouts and am feeling good about it!
Monday-rest day
Tuesday-Mommy Fitness Group-walked a mile + arm workout
Wednesday-rest day
Thursday-0.75 mile walk
Friday-rest day
Saturday-rest day
Sunday-1 mile walk

I'm hoping that this week, I can start using nap time as a workout time.  I have some low-impact at-home workout DVDs that I want to take advantage of while my foot continues to heal.  I'm also hoping to get back to running soon, though I still have some recovery ahead of me.

Question for you: Did you miss me?  What's on your meal plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment