Sunday, May 4, 2014

Grandpa Dave

Hey, everyone.  Sorry I've been MIA since Wednesday.  Joe and I had to go out of town on Wednesday evening to spend time with his family.

Joe's grandfather, Dave, died last Thursday, April 24th.  Dave entered the hospital about a week before for some aphib, contracted pneumonia and wasn't able to make his way out of it.  He died peacefully with his family around him.
Rusty (Joe's grandmother) and Dave, Thanksgiving 2013
Joe was able to see his grandfather on Easter, and I'm so thankful we stopped through Gainesville to spend some time with Dave before his passing.

I learned a lot about Joe's grandfather this weekend.  While I've known him for 4 years, Joe told me he hasn't been himself since a surgery he had about 7 years ago.  Dave was a Major in the army, a VERY loving husband, a man of many inspirational words, and someone who would do anything for the people he cared about.  His obituary tells a little bit about his life, and I am sad that I didn't have the pleasure of getting to know the real him while he was still with us here on Earth.

Rest in peace, Dave.  I know the family misses you, but you are in a better place right now, watching down on them, and smiling.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. I know the good things get passed through the generations, so I hope you see the good of Dave in Joe :)

    ReplyDelete