Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Five: 5 Recipes to Make in the Next Month

How many of you have Pinterest boards full of recipes but never actually make any of them?  I'm certainly guilty of this!  Because of that, I'm going to share 5 recipes I've pinned that I plan to make before the end of August.  Once I make them all, I'll be a recap post sharing my thoughts on the recipes and any pointers/tips I have for making them!  Feel free to join me in making 5 of your Pinned recipes :)

Pesto Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Image Source
I found this recipe when searching for recipes for the Advocare 24DC.  Conveniently, this recipe is from my Advocare coach Becky!  I think this recipe will be a new way to make spaghetti squash in a way that Joe might actually like.

Paleo Avocado Tuna Salad
Image Source
This looks like a perfect healthy lunch to switch things up from my normal salad!  I love tuna and avocados, so this recipe sounds like a good one to me!

Chicken Piccata
Image Source
My friend Krista made this, shared it on Instagram, and said it was the one of the most delicious recipes she's made!  I love dishes that are salty, and the capers in chicken piccata add just the right flavor for me.  This would be a great recipe for a dinner date night in with Joe paired with a tasty Chardonnay!

Aloo & Palak
Image Source
I love Indian food, and the first Indian dish I made went over very well.  This Aloo and Palak (potatoes and spinach) sounds like a good Meatless Monday meal or a side dish to another Indian recipe featuring meat.  It also looks relatively easy to make, so that's a huge plus!

Jell-O Cookies
Image Source
I couldn't choose 5 recipes to make without picking something sweet to bake!!  These look like great summer treats (mainly because of their colors) and would be fun to take to a summer barbeque/pot luck meal.

I pinned all of these recipes on my Run with Perseverance Pinterest board, so check them out if you see one that interests you (and feel free to follow my board, too!).

Well, I'm off for some more beach time with my mom and Joe!  Hope y'all have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Question for you: What recipe are you going to try this month?  
Leave a link in the comments!!  I love to try new recipes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment