Monday, September 30, 2013

Fresh Produce




Ever stopped at one of those fresh produce stands on the side of the road?

Joe and I stopped by a stand at the gas station where we filled up.  This was really one of the first times I've ever picked up produce one the side of a road!  We wound up buying a basket of Georgia peaches, a basket of tomatoes, and a bag of honey-roasted pecans.
It's really encouraged me to eat more fruit because I don't want it all to go to waste.  I took two peaches to school for a snack and for lunch today...
...and we made tacos tonight with some fresh tomatoes on top!
We've both been snacking on the pecans throughout the day.  Everything is so fresh and tasty!

Question for you: How often do you buy fresh produce from a stand or farmer's market?
As much as I'm enjoying this fresh produce (and I feel it's encouraging me to eat more fruit and vegetables), I think I need to make regular trips to the farmer's market!

No comments:

Post a Comment