Monday, September 23, 2013

Life Lately

Well hey, everyone!  So sorry for the unintentional hiatus.  As I started my new job, things got a little crazy and I neglected the blog.  Seems like a perfect time to catch you up on my Life Lately!


Conveniently, that ties right in to today's Blogtember topic!  Head on over to Jenni's blog to see what Blogtember is all about, and check out other blogger's Life Lately posts.

-Lately, I have been seriously slacking with Best Body Bootcamp and training for the Lighthouse Loop Half Marathon.  As in, I did not work out once last week.  No running, no lifting, no nothing!  I let the stress and busy-ness of life get in my way.
I'm already off to a MUCH better start this week, as I went for a 20-minute run before completing Workout A of Phase 2.  It was a great feeling to be working out again!

-I've also been seriously slacking on my one of my two health-related goals for BBB.  The filling up my water cup just didn't happen much.  I'm going to continue making that a priority over the next phase.  I did well with the reducing alcohol consumption, which I am pleased about.  At least I was successful with one thing in the BBB program!

-On Wednesday, I started my new job as a math coach.  I went to one of my two schools and got to observe some classrooms.  The administrators are great, and I get to work with Ashley again!

-I went to the other school on Thursday.  This school has a really interesting sculpture of a barracuda (the mascot) in the middle of the outdoor campus.

-I also did a few professional development sessions this week!  We unpacked some Algebra standards, as well as attended an all-day training for instructional coaches across the county.

-And, to make this weekend even better, Kristie and her husband Joe came to visit from all the way in Seattle!!  We had a great weekend with them catching up and showing them around the area.  Here are some things we did:
We watched the Virginia Tech game together.  THANK GOODNESS the Hokies pulled out a win!
We grilled some delicious burgers while watching the game.
We went to the Wine Walk in New Smyrna Beach and had some delicious beverages!
We ate dinner in NSB on Saturday night at a DELICIOUS Italian restaurant called That's Amore.  If you are in the area, EAT THERE.  You will not be disappointed!
We had some beach time on Sunday afternoon.  We also made some tasty appetizers for a snack, then went to WingHouse for dinner.  After that, we watched football.  Wonderful visit with wonderful friends!

-I've been adoring my Bible study: Breaking Free from Beth Moore.  Over the last three weeks, I've already learned a lot of things that I need to work on to grow in my relationship with God so that I can truly be free in Him.  I'll be sure to pass along the

And, I think that's about it!  I'm hoping to get back in the blogging groove this week, so I'll see you tomorrow :)

Question for you: What has your life looked like lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment