Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIAW #16: Specialty Pizza

Whoa there!  It's been quite a while since I've posted to this little blog of mine.  Life has just gotten in the way, but I think I've gotten it under control for the rest of the week!

Well, it's Wednesday, and I managed to take pictures of my food all day yesterday.  You know what that means...


Thanks to Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting the link-up each week.  Head over to her blog to check out what the rest of blog land is eating!

Breakfast
I ate the usual bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios this morning.  Have y'all seen their new commercial?  It made me laugh out the loud the first time I saw it!
I may or may not have danced around the living room, as well.

Morning Snack

I decided to try out some Garden Tomato Almonds from Nature Box.  I received these as part of my "swag bag" from the RnR VB Half Marathon, and they are pretty good!  I expected a little more flavor, but at least it wasn't overpowering!
I have some coffee with my snack, too.  Not the best taste combination, but I needed the caffeine at that time.

Lunch

Pretty typical school day lunch for me.  My salad featured mixed greens, avocado, tomato, onion, and cucumber.  I had some baby carrots, pineapple, and Chobani Strawberry Banana on the side.  Pretty fresh and tasty lunch!

Afternoon Snack
Also a normal for me: Nature Valley Protein Bar.  I found the Salted Caramel flavor again recently, and I'm really enjoying these each day!

Dinner

On the way home, Joe and I decided to pick up a pizza for dinner.  We had a coupon for Papa John's and went for one of the speciality pizzas.  We usually just get pepperoni (sometimes with sausage and onion), so we were at a loss as to which interesting flavor to try!  After some debate, we settled on the Buffalo Chicken Pizza.  Joe loved it, and I thought it was just ok.  I want to taste the cheese on a pizza, and you can't really do that with all the other strong flavors.  At least I got to dip my crust in garlic sauce :)

After dinner, I went for a 30 minute fartlek run.  Pizza also may not be the best food to eat before a run, but I did very well for my first run after Half #2!  More on that later in the week :)

Question for you: Do you ever order speciality pizzas?  What's your favorite pizza topping?

No comments:

Post a Comment