Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Vanilla Protein Frapp

Hi there!  We're halfway through the week, y'all.  Hope it's a good one for you so far!




Usually, I have a What I Ate Wednesday post for you, but I just didn't take any pictures of food this week.  I made a little something today that I wanted to share.  It's not exactly food, but it is certainly tasty!

This afternoon, I came home needing some caffeine before Bible study.  I knew I didn't want hot coffee, but I also didn't want a soda.  That's where this Vanilla Protein Frapp came from.
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups of your favorite brewed coffee (cold brew, if you can)
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • Ice
  • Sweetener of your choice
Directions:
Put all ingredients in the blender and mix until ice is broken up.  Add more ice until at desired consistency.

I was interested to see how this would turn out, and I actually really liked it!  It tasted like something you'd get from a coffee shop without the $5 price.
As you can see, this made enough to fill my 20-oz. tumbler twice!  I certainly needed it, though, and enjoyed this afternoon treat.  I used this protein powder that I found at Wal-mart, and I've gotta say, ithe flavor is enough to mask that protein-y taste.  Good stuff!
Other alterations you could make: add a little (a very little!) vanilla extract, try a different flavor of protein powder, add/subtract some of the milk depending on your taste preferences.  If you try this out, make sure to let me know what you think!  

Question for you: What's your go-to drink/snack when you need an afternoon pick-me-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment