Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Virginia Weekend

***I wrote this post on Sunday and JUST realized that it never posted!  I decided to post it anyway so you'd know what I was up to!***

Hey, everyone!  Long time, no post.  We had a busy week last week, and we just returned from a weekend up in Virginia.  We got to see my family and go to a Virginia Tech football game!  I didn't take too many pictures, but here's what I've got:



Our trip was a bit of a whirlwind, but it was a lot of fun!  I also got in a lot of reading during our travels, which was really nice.  I haven't done much reading lately and enjoyed getting involved in a book again!

One of the reasons I haven't posted much lately is that I haven't been making myself a priority lately.  I'm in a little bit of a rut, you could say.  I haven't been eating right, I haven't been exercising (despite the fact that I have another half marathon coming up in 13 days!), and I really haven't made my daily quiet time with God a priority (despite being in that Breaking Free Bible study).  BUT, Joe and I figured out some things today (meal plans, workout schedules, etc.) that I think are going to help me make myself (particularly my health) a priority again...

-We are starting the Insanity meal plan/diet.  Joe is doing the Insanity workouts right now and wanted to follow the diet.  I figured it'd be much easier for him if I did it too, and it gives me incentive to eat right.

-Joe is doing his Insanity videos while I'm at home, so I'm going to get in a workout while he is doing the same.  Plus, a lot of our dinners will be prepared ahead of time, so that makes it seem "easier" in my mind to make working out a priority.

-I'm also going to set some new goals for Best Body Bootcamp to motivate me to get my priorities straight.  One of those goals is going to be having a daily quiet time.

Question for you: What did you do this weekend?  What do you do to get yourself out of a rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment