Speaking of time going by quickly, it's already Friday! Time for A Few Things Friday, where I share a few random things with you. Many bloggers to Five Things Friday, but I just had so much to share with you that I had to up the number!
1. I am LOVING that Joe is now in clinic! He's already worked with a few patients, and one of them came in pain free on his third visit! I'm so proud of the work that Joe is doing, and I'm really, really excited that he's finally getting to do what he's wanted to do for so long. He's earned it between his 5 years in the military, 3.5 years of undergrad, and now 2 year in chiropractic school.
|So proud of and excited for this handsome guy!|
2. Having Tequila is so much fun!! (hehe...still makes me laugh when these sentences could actually refer to liquor) She's such a sweet, playful dog. Here she is rolling around on the floor trying to pick up a toy that fell over her head:
|Wouldn't it be easier to just get up?|
3. This week, I heard about some cool projects I'm going to get to work on over the next few months. These are some pretty great opportunities for me professionally, and I can't wait to work on them! Don't worry, I'll be sure to share about them when I can :)
4. Bikram yoga became a regular part of my routine again this week, and I've gotta say, I had a GREAT week of classes! I can tell that my balance is improving, and I'm really progressing in most of the postures. For example, I actually held the Balancing Stick pose for the full 10 seconds yesterday
5. Tomorrow is the Palmer Heart Healthy 10K! I'm looking forward to the race and hoping for a PR at the 10K distance. I've never PRed at the 10k (except for the first time I ran one), so that's going to be my goal until I reach it! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
6. This morning, I tried overnight oats for breakfast for the first time ever! In case you don't know what they are, it's basically oatmeal that you prepare the night before, refrigerate, and it's ready to go in the morning. I used Julie's recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Overnight Oats.
7. Here are some of my favorite blog posts from this week:
Sh*t Healthy People Say from My Freckled Life
Women and Weightlifting: The Benefits from Hungry Healthy Girl
10 Tips to Get or Stay Motivated to Exercise from Delights and Delectables (check out her adorable baby, too!!)
Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run Recap from Dancing to Running--wish I could have run this race, but I missed it by a week! I really appreciate her honesty about her experience.
8. I'm going to be doing some traveling over the next few months, and I'd love to have some guest posts for when I'm gone! If you are interested in guest posting, please email me at amyrunwithperseverance at gmail dot com.
Question for you: What's going on with you this weekend? What's a random something from this week that you can share with me?
Have a fantastic weekend! See y'all on Sunday for weekend/workouts recap :)