Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend and SBBC Week 3 Recap

Hey everyone, and Happy Monday!  Anyone else feel like the weekends go by at warp speed?  Maybe it's just me.  I had a very nice weekend, so I thought I'd share what I did with y'all!

Friday
Friday evening was opening night for the Daytona Cubs baseball team!  It's a 1-A team for the Chicago Cubs (pretty low down there), and the games are a blast.  Joe and I attended the game with two of his friends from school.
We had a great time watching some baseball (even though the Cubs lost) and heckling the opposing team's outfielders.  Well, Joe and his friends did.  I just watched the game :)

Saturday
I had an incredibly relaxing Saturday morning clearing out the DVR.  Joe was at a seminar for school all day, so it was the perfect time to catch up on the 2 weeks' worth of Glee and Grey's Anatomy I had saved!  I also finished up the remaining episode of How I Met Your Mother, including this week's series finale!  So, so sad that show is over. And yes, I totally cried.  I seem to do that when shows are over because I feel like I've gotten to know the characters and I'm saying goodbye.  May be weird, but that's just me.  (Side note: no spoilers, but I was actually happy with the ending!)

After vegging out in the morning, Tequila and I went next door to the pool.  She wouldn't get in the water, so my neighbor decided to see how she'd react to the sprinklers.  The result was very amusing!
Please excuse my laughing and my dog voice.  She also rode around the pool in a kayak, much like Wewii used to ride around on surfboard.  Funny dogs!

When Joe returned, we had some dinner, watched some of the Final Four games, then went to the kennel club's dog track.  I'm really not much of a gambler or a fan of these things (I hope they treat the animals well!), but I figured I'd check it out with Joe and his friends.
Man, these dogs can run!  I couldn't get a good picture because they were so fast.  After not winning any of the bets, I made my money back (and even a profit!) by picking the winner of the very last race.  I was even the highest winner of the night (in our group)! Go me!

Sunday
Another lazy start to the day with some reading and snuggling with Tequila.
(Hahah, when I wrote that, I pictured me snuggling a liquor bottle!)  Next up was church, then I tried to take Tequila to the dog beach.  Big ole fail.  Apparently, she does not like car rides because I wound up with some doggy vomit in my front seat.  No fun for either of us.  Plus, the line was so long to get in to the park of the dog beach that we didn't even get to go.  

Good thing our neighbor loves to have us come over to their pool!

After some pool time (Joe came over after his workshop), it was time for the WWE pay-per-view.  We went to watch it at a restaurant and had a good time.  The kids at the table behind us (12 and 11-yr old boys) were hysterical and talked to us the whole time!  Their dad looked like he was enjoying them having someone else to talk to :)  So funny!

Spring Bootie Buster Challenge Week 3
This was not a good week for me on the challenge front.  I just was not able to get in a workout groove, probably due to getting back to work and the new dog.  Here's what my workouts looked like:
Wednesday-0.58 miles with the dog + 2.44 miles later on my own = 3.02 total mile run + 10 burpees (3 points=30 minutes)
Thursday-10-minute warm-up run + 30 minute Nike Training Club app workout (Curve Carver) (40 minutes=4 points)
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday-nothing

I'm a little disappointed in myself for not sticking with my half marathon training plan.  I have a 10K next week, and that will be the furthest I've run since the Princess Half at the end of February.  This could be bad, so I'm starting to consider dropping out of the race.  I'll keep y'all posted.

Week 3 Activity Points: 7
Week 3 Water Points: 4
Week 3 Freggie Points: 3
Bonus Points: 1 (1 day of 10 burpees)
Total Week 3 Points: 15
Total Overall: 84

This week's goal is to run at least 3 times this week, including extending the 10K next week to a total of 9 miles for the day (if my body can handle it) AND get my water points all 7 days.  Totally doable!

Question for you: Do you cry when TV series end?  What did your weekend/workouts look like?

2 comments:

  1. I am still so back and forth about the HIMYM finally! I really just can't decide how I feel about it! Totally messed with my emotions! haha. But looks like a great time with Tequila (I always laugh when I read your sentences with "tequila" in it and imagine you with a bottle instead of a dog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think the same thing, too :) Guess that's why Joe wanted to name her that

      Delete