Sunday, April 14, 2013

Simple Saturday

Yesterday was a productive-yet-relaxing kind of day around our house!

I got up early to head to the gym.  I went to the Step II class, which was a great time as usual.  I was so proud of myself because I got the most difficult step (that involved lots of turning around) down quickly and was one of the few in the class who did!  At the end of class, I was super sweaty (no interesting patterns this time) but still had a smile on my face.  

I completed my time at the gym with Tina's Workout B for Best Body Bootcamp.  This round is all about improving balance while strengthening the whole body, and I loved these moves!  My favorite of this workout was the not-as-simple-as-it-looks Reverse Plank with Leg Raise
Image Source
When I got home, it was time for Joe and I to do chores.  He mowed the yard while I picked up inside the house and started laundry.  We were both ready for some fun in the sun after all of our chores, so we went next door to swim in our neighbor's pool.
It's heart-shaped!
We brought Wewii over to see if he wanted to swim. We put him in the water where he could stand, but he was not having it!  He just stood around the edge, barking when we'd go under water because he thought something was wrong.  Eventually, we got him to get on a surfboard and float around the pool.   Finally, something he loved!
Hilarious!

Afterward, we all napped before it was time for Joe and I to head over to his friend's house.  We were all set to watch their three kids while they went out just the two of them for the first time in two years!  Joe and I had a great time with Shayne, Devin, and Ronan (2 boys and a girl) playing with their toys and watching movies.  They did sneak an extra 20 minutes before bed time out of us, but overall, a successful babysitting experience!

As simple as our Saturday was, it was a lot of fun!  Now it's time to prepare for some dinner guests tonight, as well as get some schoolwork done for this week.  Have a wonderful Sunday!

Question for you: What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment