Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayers for Boston

So, I was going to share with you a recipe for a dessert I made last night in today's post.  But then I watched the news while at the gym.

Two explosions went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon about 4 hours after the start of the race.  As of now, 2 people lost their lives and 22 are injured in what seems to be a senseless act of violence.
Image Source
I know all to well what it's like to be close to such a tragic event, and it took everything in me to keep from sobbing while on the elliptical.  I just can't even imagine the fear, panic, and sadness that the people of Boston, as well as the runners and their families, are experiencing right now.  I am praying for that city and everyone who is affected by this tragedy.

Here are some links if you want more information on this incident:

Image Source
Pray for the victims and the injured.  
Pray for the family and friends of those affected.  
Pray for the first responders who will likely work throughout the night to investigate the explosions and help save the injured.  
Pray for the city of Boston.  
And, as hard as this is and as incredibly strange as this seems, pray for the person/people who did this.  They obviously need the love of God in their lives.

1 comment: