Sunday, April 28, 2013

Baseball, Beach, and Prom...Oh My!

It's Sunday already?  Man, the weekends seem to just fly by!  Joe and I have had a fun one, and I wanted to share what all we did!

Friday
After our usual outing for Mexican food, we headed to the Daytona Cubs game!
They were playing the Flying Tigers (ha!) and it was Dog Days!  You could bring your dog to the park for the game.  Well, Joe thought it'd be a good idea to bring Wewii.  We also went with our friends Carson and Kristy.
Wewii doesn't exactly play well with others, so I was quite nervous.  But, once he settled down, we all enjoyed the game!

Our group also had our picture taken for the Cubs Facebook page, and I found the photo this morning.
I look a little rough in this...guess it was a long day!
Joe and I went home to watch a movie, which means Joe stays up late and I fall asleep within the first 30 minutes.

Saturday
I started the day at the gym.  I went to step class (which I LOVE) then completed workout B from Best Body Bootcamp.  As I was in step class, I was checking myself out in the mirror (not ashamed to admit that!) and noticed how sculpted my upper body is starting to look.
This is the first time I can really say that I'm happy with the way my arms and shoulders look!  I'm so happy to say that!

Afterward, we went to the beach for some relaxation in the sun and sand.  You can drive right on the beach in Daytona, which makes it easy to head to the beach for a few hours.

While I was soaking up some sun, I also got to watch a wedding taking place on the beach.
I felt sneaky taking that picture on my iPad!  I was reading a book on it, but I just had to get a picture of the wedding.  So pretty!

We stayed there for about an hour and a half.  When we got home, I did some laundry, we ate dinner, then I had to get ready for prom!

I decided to help chaperone prom with Ashley, one of the other math teachers.  I thought it'd be fun to see how this school does prom, even though I only teach freshmen and sophomores.  Plus, it was an excuse to re-use a bridesmaid dress from a few summers ago!

Prom was held at the Daytona 500 Club, a really nice event hall in the middle of Daytona International Speedway.  You get to drive under the track and through the pit to get to the event.


Once I got there, I manned the door for a bit before checking out the rest of the space.  I'd been there before with Joe, but I only saw the upstairs bar area.  I got to see the downstairs event space, as well as Victory Lane.

The theme was "All That Jazz" and I thought the decorations were great!  They were even showing some black-and-white movies outside in Victory Lane.

Ashley and I floated around together.  We had a good time looking at all of the dresses!  Most every girl wore a beautiful gown, but there were a few ladies in some semi-club attire.  We had a lot of fun picking out our favorite dresses.  We also took some time to enjoy the photo booth!
Ohhh the serious picture.  We decided to do one, but afterward, we were both talking about how awkward we are in "serious" pictures.

I only stayed until about 9:00, but I still got to see a few of my students!  Ashley and I had a lot of fun, and I'm really glad I decided to chaperone.  Once Joe got home from playing night golf with his friends (complete with LED light-up golf balls), we spent the rest of the evening watching TV and just hanging out.

Sunday
Much to both of our surprise, Joe and I just could not get out of bed this morning!  The alarm was set for the early service at church, but we both got back in bed saying we'd go at 11:00.  Neither of us woke up until 10:45, so we wound up sleeping until noon!  That never happens!

The rest of our day involves getting ready for the week (for him, studying and for me, planning), some cleaning, and some errands and grocery shopping.  Just your typical Sunday!

Question for you: What did you do this weekend?  Have you ever witnessed a wedding just by being in the same place at the right time?

No comments:

Post a Comment