Saturday, April 27, 2013

3 F's Friday

So, I had this post (almost) all typed and ready to go for Friday.  But, for some reason, I never posted it!  Either way, here's yesterday's post.

Hey everyone!  After my WIAW post and talking about the chiropractor yesterday, I realized I haven't done much of my usual posting.  Well, today it's back to faith, food, and fitness.




My daily devotional led me to a Bible verse this week that spoke to me:
"Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself."
-Philippians 2:3 (New Living Translation)

I think sometimes I worry too much about "receiving credit" for things or being recognized for what I do.  This verse was a good reminder to me that I shouldn't do things to receive recognition.  I should be doing things to serve God and to help others.  I should be doing the things that God calls me to do and that follow His instructions.  I need to focus on God recognizing me for following His commands instead of trying to receive recognition from those around me.

This was definitely something that I needed to hear this week.  It's easy to get caught up on receiving awards, being considered "the best" at something, and worrying about what others think.  Instead, I want to focus on humility, as well as giving God the recognition for what I do for others.  I'm going to pray for God's help with this, since sometimes I place too much focus on what others think or how I compare to others.




This week, I've been focused on making qualitarian choices (not perfect choices, but better, healthier choices) when it comes to eating.  I shared Monday and Tuesday's qualitarian choices, but here are Wednesday and Thursdays!

On Wednesday, Joe and I went to Golden Corral for dinner!  I love a good buffet, but buffets can really get out of hand as far as healthy eating goes.  Instead of opting for fried chicken, I chose baked fish and a baked chicken as my protein for the meal.  I also went back for seconds but only got vegetables and fruits.  If I'm going to eat a lot, it may as well be something nutritious!

Thursday evening, Joe didn't get home until late, so I was on my own for dinner.  I usually make myself a bowl of plain pasta topped with salt and parmesan cheese when this happens.  I decided to make something better for me last night.
Lemon-lime tilapia served over quinoa and spinach.  The recipe is coming soon!

Also, in the morning, I wanted to stop by Dunkin' Donuts for some coffee.  I knew I wanted the Mint Chocolate Chip flavored coffee, but after seeing the nutritional facts, I knew I didn't want all the calories and sugar in the medium size.  I opted for a small to skip out on some of that sugar.  Good qualitarian choice!

I think I'm doing a pretty good job with my qualitarian choices this week.  It's put a lot less stress on me worrying about eating perfectly.





For the last week of the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge, Amanda encouraged us to make a points wager of something we really wanted to accomplish this week.  I wagered 50 points that I would get activity points for every day of the week!  I must say, the threat of losing 50 points has been very motivating for me.

Here's what I've been doing activity-wise:
Tuesday: I completed the BBB Core Workout mixed in with some plyo moves to create a circuit workout.  I did this during Dancing with the Stars, and it was a great way to be active while watching TV!
Wednesday: Active rest day by taking Wewii on a 20-minute walk after I got home from work.  Fun!
Thursday: 20 minute treadmill workout + BBB Workout C.  This workout worked the upper body using pulsing reps.  Someone on the BBB Facebook group nicknamed this workout "Jello Arms," and I wholeheartedly agree!
Friday: Another active rest day with a 15 minute dog-walk.

I'll be back tomorrow with a weekend update (we did some fun things!) and a Best Body Bootcamp/Spring Bootie Buster Challenge recap.  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment