Sunday, April 14, 2013

BBB5 Week 2/SBBC Week 6 in Review

Hey again, everyone!  It's time to recap my week as it pertains to Best Body Bootcamp.
This was the second week of phase 1, and the workouts were focused on stability while strength training.  My goal this week was to get in the workouts (B and C) I missed last week in addition to Workout A and meet both of my additional goals 5/7 days this week.  Let's see how I did!

Activity
Monday-2.3 mile run with the husband and pup.
Tuesday-1 mile run + Workout C
Wednesday-Runner Stability Exercises + some core work
Thursday-rest day
Friday-rest day
Saturday- Step Class + Workout B
Sunday-Runner Stability Exercises + Back Pain Prevention Exercises (WOW 11 and 12 on RunToTheFinish's Youtube channel)

The original plan was to complete Workout A today, but Workout B has me SO SORE.  The Workout of the Week videos from Amanda at Run to the Finish are easy to do at home and are body weight exercises, so I could handle them despite my sore muscles.

While I didn't do Workout A, I got 5 days of activity in!  I'm really excited about this, since I didn't reach that last week.  This earns me an entry toward the weekly prize, so I'm happy!

 Goals
My first goal was to get to bed at a reasonable hour (10:30 on weekdays, 12 on weekends).  I have to rely on my bedtime tonight to get the points for this goal.  So far, I've done that Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.  My plan is to get to bed before 10:30 today!

My second goal was to read my devotional before bed each night.  I read my devotional every night Monday-Friday!  I also plan on reading it tonight, which gives me a total of 6/7 days that I met this goal.

I did MUCH BETTER at both of these goals this week.  I will continue to focus on meeting these goals, but I'm going to set two new goals for the next phase (which starts tomorrow).

Highlight of the Week
My highlight of the week is probably step class/Workout B yesterday.  I had a lot of fun doing Step, and the moves in the workout were easy to complete.  I didn't think I'd be that sore today, but boy, are my muscles talking to me!  I love that feeling, especially when I'm not expecting it.

Goal for Next Week
My main goal for this week is to focus on getting my workout done right after school.  I want to use my gym membership, but if I don't go there after school, I rarely wind up making it back. 

Spring Bootie Buster Challenge
I realized that I haven't really talked about the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge in quite a while!  I think it's because, for whatever reason, I really haven't been motivated to succeed in it.  I have no idea why, because it's a great challenge with a great accountability and support system!

This week (week 6) has been the best week by far.  I've gotten the Daily Water and Freggies (fruit + veggie) Points almost every day, I've completed a Workout of the Week twice for some bonus points, and my activity points have increased due to my exercising 5 days this week.

I plan on making the last week of the challenge my best week of the Spring Challenge.  Amanda sent out motivational messages via e-mail each day this week, which got me all pumped up to finish the challenge strong.

Now, it's time to finish up dinner preparations for our little dinner party!  Hope your Sunday ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment