Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sweaty Heart

It's officially Spring Break for me!  I woke up so relaxed this morning, then realized that I'd done very little to prepare for my trip to Seattle.  I'm going to visit my friend from college, Kristie, and her husband, Joe.
Eating in the Space Needle during my last visit
I haven't been out to visit them since October 2010, and with my Joe off in Jamaica with his boys, it was the perfect time to head back out there.  Surprisingly, the forecast is all sun!  Kristie told me to bring walking shoes, so I imagine we'll do some outdoorsy things while I'm there.

After realizing I needed to put some pep in my step to get everything done before my 2:00 flight, I had breakfast and started some packing.  I wanted to get to the gym this morning, too, so I headed to the Y for another step class!

I wanted try the Step II class after trying Step I at the Y last week.  It was a great class, but I felt like I needed just a little bit more.

Step II was JUST what I needed!  The instructor was very motivating and had a lot of energy.  The combos were more challenging, and I had to try some of them a few times before getting the hang of them.  I was sweating at the end of the class, which made a cool shape on my t-shirt.
Sorry if that's gross, but I just HAD to take a picture of the heart on my shirt!  How funny!  I hope other people in the class noticed it, because this gave me a good laugh.

Ok, it's time for me to get back to packing, cleaning, and trying to figure out what to do with the perishable food in my fridge.  I don't know how often I'll be posting while out in Seattle, but I imagine I'll get a post or two in.

Question for you: Have you ever had an interesting shape created by your sweat and/or anything else?
When we go to the beach, my dad always gets sun burns in interesting shapes.  I guess he doesn't evenly apply the sunscreen!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

2 comments: