Monday, March 4, 2013

Best Body Bootcamp Week 8 Recap

Sunday was the last day of Tina Reale's Best Body Bootcamp Round 4.  This was the first time I've participated in BBB after hearing so much about it from other bloggers.  I've gotta say, this program lived up to all the hype!

Activity
I ended the program with only two days of activity.  After the half marathon last week, I wanted to rest for at least two days.  Wednesday was busy, as was Friday and Saturday, so I only got in work outs on Thursday and Sunday.

I think this worked out well for my body, though, because my joints finally feel better than they have all week.

I LOVED all of the workouts Tina wrote for the program.  I plan on using my favorites of these workouts for the next few weeks (and/or trying the ones I didn't get to) until the next round comes up at the beginning of April.

Goals
This phase's goals were: stretch before/after workouts for at least 10 minutes a day and to unwind each night with a devotional.

I met both of my goals 5/7 days this week!  I did some stretching on Monday and Tuesday after the half marathon to take away some aches and pains, Thursday and Sunday before/after workouts, and on Saturday as a mid-day rejuvenator.  The only two nights I didn't do my devotional were Friday and Saturday.  I need to work on that during the weekend!

The goals portion of the program helped me focus on specific healthy goals for my life, and I really liked that.  I focused on things that I know I should do but haven't become routine yet.  I'm still working on it, but most of my healthy goals are occurring a lot more often than before the program!

Highlight of the Week
Getting in all my stretching.  I found a stretching video online and did that when I was just watching mindless TV.  It really has made my aches and pains go away a lot faster!

Goals for Next Week
Even though Best Body Bootcamp is over, the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge is just beginning!
I'm ready to put my best foot forward in March, focusing on getting activity each day, drinking lots of water, and eating lots of fruits and veggies!  There's still time to join if you'd like!

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! I like to think you are standing on your wall rather than having your calender on the floor :) Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete