Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Stretching + Simple Pot Roast

Due to two special posts yesterday recapping my half marathon and my fun Orlando weekend, I held off on the "usual content" until today.

Before I get started, I just wanted to point out my Contact page up above!  I now have my e-mail address listed, as well as a link to my Pinterest.  Twitter and Facebook links are coming soon!  I was inspired to create this page thanks to Katy's 28-Day Blog Challenge for the month of February.  Please contact me with any questions, comments, or suggestions!  I'd love to hear from you :)

Now, on to the post!




I wanted to share a Crock Pot recipe with y'all today!  This is new recipe #8 for me in Julie's Crock Pot Challenge.  I must say, I've enjoyed using my slow cooker a lot more this month, which has really made dinner very easy and low-stress on some days (tasty, too!).

Today's recipe is something I came up with on my own after seeing Cream of Potato soup in the store on Monday.
Ingredients

  • 1.5 pounds of Chuck Tender Roast (or whatever roast you'd like to make)
  • 1 can Cream of Potato soup
  • 1 packet Onion Soup mix
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • About 1-2 cups of beef broth (enough to make the Cream of Potato soup a little runny)
  • 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 4 red onions, sliced
Directions
1. Slice potatoes and peel/slice carrots, then place roast, potatoes, and carrots in the slow cooker.

2. Mix together Cream of Potato soup, worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, and beef broth.  This should have a pudding-like consistency.

3. Pour soup mix over the roast, potatoes and carrots.  Spread it out so that it covers everything in the slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours.

I served this roast by itself, since the veggies and a starch were already in the mix!
I was nervous about this dish since I didn't follow a recipe and just winged it, but I must say, it was very, very tasty!  The roast just fell apart with the fork, and the flavor was just enough without overpowering the carrots, potatoes, and meat themselves.  It was husband-approved, too!

Let me know what you think if you try this recipe!





My half marathon training taught me an important lesson: STRETCH!!  Stretch before working out, stretch after working out, stretch if something's hurting...just stretch!

I found when I didn't stretch, I would be more sore and/or injure something after a tough run or workout.  When I did stretch, my muscles would recover faster and I wouldn't feel as many residual aches and pains.

In an effort to recover from Sunday's 13.1 miles, I decided to just stretch on Tuesday.  I found a video on YouTube I wanted to share that's a good full body stretch routine.
I love this girl's accent!  The moves are pretty basic, can be done anywhere, and make you feel relaxed and loose.  I plan on using this on days when I don't work out, just to keep my body limber and injury-free.

Question for you: What's your favorite stretch routine?  Are you good at remembering to stretch, or are you like me and don't stretch with much regularity?

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment