Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Alligator Walk + Worrying

Oh boy, today was a long day!  I had a professional development meeting after school, Joe had dinner ready for me, we ate, then I headed to the gym.

And now, here I am writing to y'all!  Someone else is here to help me blog....
A sleepy Wewii resting on my knee/laptop.  He's got a bum leg right now, so I'm encouraging him to take it easy.

Ok, on to the usual stuff!




I began the 4th and final phase of Tina's Best Body Bootcamp today with Workout A.  This workout combined strength training with short bursts of cardio.  The strength exercises worked the whole body, and the cardio kept my heart rate up and the sweat a-comin'.

One of my favorite moves of the workout was the Alligator Walk.  It was a great way to work the core without just holding a plank.  Luckily, I was the only person at the gym at our apartment complex!




Any other worry warts out there?  After a bit of a strange weekend and my half marathon coming up this weekend, I've been worrying about a lot this week.

I wanted to share a verse with you today that may help with worry:
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:33-34

This is SO HARD to do, I know!  It's also very true.  What good does worrying do?  You just sit there, work yourself up, and nothing happens for the situation.

Why not just pray about your worries?  Some people may say that that's just as good as doing nothing.  I disagree.  Your prayers will be answered one way or another, and who better to handle your worries than God!  That's what I'm going to work on this week.  Hopefully everything I'm worrying about will just fall into place this week and next.

Question for you:  What are you worried about right now?  Anything you can do to reduce your worries?

2 comments:

  1. Great verse! Thanks for sharing it. Congrats on being in the final phase of BBB. I know you must be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite verses, and a great reminder for a worrier like me!

      Delete