Monday, February 18, 2013

Best Body Bootcamp Week 6 Recap

Happy President's Day!

Knowing I had the day off from school today, I decided to do my week 6 recap post today rather than yesterday.  I just really wasn't in the mood.  It's been a strange weekend, and it all caught up to me yesterday.  I'll probably post about what happened later this week, but it's been really trying on Joe and myself.

Anyway, here's how I did this sixth week of Tina Reale's Best Body Bootcamp

Activity
Despite the craziness with moving, I was able to get in 5 days of activity.  I love the pyramid stength workouts of this phase, so I definitely got in all of the workouts.  I also did a few short runs this week with no pain in my heel!  Yay!  Just in time for the Disney Princess Half Marathon this weekend (eek!).

Goals
My Phase 3 goals were: take a multivitamin every day, and stretch before/after workouts (or for 10 minutes each day if I didn't work out).

The multivitamin goal was very easy.  I took one almost every morning for the last two weeks with breakfast, and I felt very healthy in doing so!

The stretching goal was not as successful.  While I did increase the amount of stretching I've been doing, I did not stretch for more than 4 days in the last two weeks.  I will be focusing on stretching for the next phase, as well.  With all of the little pains I've felt during my half marathon training, I know I need to be stretching more.  Hopefully I will be more successful with this phase!

Highlight of the Week
I'd have to say it was my run with Joe and Wewii (the dog) that took place on Wednesday.  I loved the pace at which we ran, as well as my endurance throughout the 20+ minute run.

Goals for Week 7
As this is the week of my half marathon (finally!), I plan on doing a few short runs, but not pushing myself too hard.  I also want to get in the three new strength workouts.  I don't want to be too sore for the run, so I'll probably get in the strength workouts today, Tuesday, and Thursday.  I also want to meet my 2 new goals for the week at least 5/7 days.  One of the goals will be to stretch for 10 minutes at day, and I'm still deciding on the other.

I really do love Best Body Bootcamp, and I will be signing up for the next round.  The sign-ups will being March 4th, and I will make sure to post the link for y'all in case you are interested in joining me!

Also, if you need motivation to keep up the fitness this spring, join me in signing up for the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge hosted by Amanda @ RTTF.  It's a great way to stay motivated with those healthy habits, as well as receive great support from the other participants!  There are prizes involved, too :)

2 comments: