I'm a huge football fan, and even though I don't have an NFL team that I really follow (I like the southeast teams: Redskins, Ravens, Jaguars, and Panthers), I love the Super Bowl! Great friends, great food, funny commercials, and the last football game until late August/early September.
Joe and I went to one of his classmates' houses for the game. They asked us to wear jerseys, and we decided to rep our colleges (mainly because I don't have an NFL jersey!).
|Joe went above and beyond with the hair!|
I have another crock pot recipe to share with you! I found this recipe on Pinterest, and not only did it seem like it would be a Super Bowl crowd pleaser, it also is recipe #4 for the Crock Pot Challenge!
The recipe comes from Simply Organic and can be found here. I did modify it a little bit, so here is my version of the Spicy Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 lbs of Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 packet Spicy Chili Seasoning (1.25 ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Peel/cut the skin off the drumsticks. ***This step saves on the calories...you don't have to peel off the skin if you don't want to!
- Broil drumsticks for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Chicken will NOT be cooked all the way
- Prepare sauce with the remaining ingredients while the drumsticks broil.
- Dip each drumstick into the sauce, making sure it gets an even coating, then place in the crock pot.
- Pour the remaining over top of the drumsticks, then set the crock pot on low for 4-4.5 hours (or on high for 2-2.5 hours).
- Halfway through the cook time, stir to ensure a full coat of sauce on each drumstick.
They got great reviews from the Super Bowl party, so this seems like something I'll make again for a sports gathering. I would probably make them a little bit more spicy next time by adding another half packet of hot chili powder.
Before heading to our Super Bowl party, I decided to get in a run. I wanted to do 13 miles today, but I didn't time it right (I thought the game started at 8, not 6).
Back a little later with a BBB Week 4 update!