Friday, February 22, 2013

Healthy Living Survey

Hey, everyone!  For a short work week, I have been insanely busy.  Moving has taken up A LOT of my time this week, and since we transferred our interent/cable on Wednesday, I haven't been able to catch up with the blog.  Kinda hard to do without internet :)

Well, the weekend of the Disney Princess Half Marathon has finally arrived!  After school today, Joe and I are packing up and heading to Orlando for a fun-filled weekend of Braves spring training, Wicked the Musical, and the half marathon on Sunday morning!  I'm so nervous/excited/anxious about everything.  Look forward to a post (or two) on Sunday all about my first half marathon (and the rest of the weekend!).

In lieu of a regular post today, I found a survey on Amanda's blog that I thought would be fun to post!  I hope you enjoy it!

1. What did you eat for breakfast?
A bowl of Honey Nut Cherrios!  I love cereal, but I'm starting to want to go for a more protein-filled option sometime soon.  Cereal is just so convenient, though!

2. How much water do you drink each day?
I get between 32-64 ounces per day.  This week, though, has not been good as far as hydrating goes.  Probably not a good thing considering I have to run 13.1 miles on Sunday!

3. What is your current favorite workout?
Tina Reale's workouts for Best Body Bootcamp!  I loved the pyramid sets from last phase, and the power sets from this phase are lots of fun and work the whole body!

4. How many calories do you eat per day?
I don't really count.

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Clementines, carrot sticks, and pretzels and hummus.

6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
On a normal school day, I usually pack a salad with spinach, tomato, onions, cucumbers, cheese, green peppers, and matchstick carrots.  Sometimes I'll add tuna for protein or bring a Greek yogurt.  I try to eat some sort of fruit, and I usually also have pretzels or some sort of chips.

7. What is your favorite body part to train?
My abs and my legs.  I love the burn I feel after those exercises!

8. What is your least favorite body part to train?
My shoulders and arms.  I have very upper body strength and am embarrassed at the weights when I train my upper body.  I know I need to do it more and it would improve, but I tend to focus on other things that I like better.

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Sweets.  Ice cream, cookies, brownies, anything sweet.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Occassionally.  I know I need to take a multivitamin daily, but I only do it sporadically.

11. How often do you eat out?
At least once a week.  I can't help it, I get lazy and don't want to cook!

12. Do you eat fast food?
Sometimes.  I haven't eaten it much recently!

13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My husband and this blog.  My husband is very encouraging in living a healthy lifestyle and provides me with suggestions and reminders for living a healthy lifestyle.  It helps that he lives a healthy lifestyle, too!  He's the workout enforcer and I'm the food enforcer :)  This blog also supports me because of your encouraging comments, as well as holds me accountable.  I always feel bad/embarrassed posting on here if I haven't had a healthy day.  Even though y'all don't judge, I still feel bad about it and am encouraged to make better choices the next day.

14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes!  I get a free membership to the Y with my health insurance.  Pretty nice perk to working for the school district.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get at night?
At least 7.  I can't function on anything less!

16. Do you have a cheat day?
Nope.  I usually just eat what I want when I want it because I find I have fewer cravings that way.

17. Do you drink alcohol?
Maybe once or twice a week.

18. Do you have a workout buddy?
No, but I would really like one!  I do have my husband to hold me accountable, as well as the Best Body Bootcamp and Bootie Buster Challenge communities to keep me on track!

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
The way I feel, both about myself and health-wise.  I've never considered myself fat or thought I needed to lose weight, but I just feel healthy and that my clothes fit better.  I have more energy when I work out (ironically) and I feel less stressed.  It's really exciting and encouraging!

20. What is the last healthy thing you did?
Made sure to drink water during my morning classes. 

Question for you: Pick your favorite question from the survey and answer it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment