Monday, February 4, 2013

Best Body Bootcamp Week 4 Recap

I'm back!  Time for a recap of the fourth week of Tina's Best Body Bootcamp!

I'm loving this program, and I really encourage y'all to sign up for the next round.  Registration will begin on Feb. 25th, and the actual workouts will start on April 1st.  You'll also get a discount if you sign up for the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge from Amanda at Run to the Finish.  It's a great motivating program, and I highly recommend it!

(Shameless plug: If you sign up Bootie Buster Challenge, be sure to say that I referred you to it :)  I could get a prize!)

Activity
I had a total of 5 days out of the week that I did some sort of activity!  Go me!  I did mostly strength training since my heel is still hurting, but I really enjoyed the endurance workouts.  There were circuits of 3 exercises to complete as many sets as possible in 12-15 minutes.  It gave me the freedom to move at my own pace, but also put a pep in my step because I wanted to see how many times I could get through it!

Goals
My goals for Phase 2 were as follows: Eat at least 6 servings of fruits and vegetables during the day, and get to bed at 10:30 on weekdays/by 12 on weekends.

This week, I did great with both!  I was in bed by 10:30 Monday through Thursday, and got in bed by midnight both Friday and Saturday.  I do notice a positive difference in my energy level, and I will most definitely continue to make this a priority.

I also did well with the fruits and veggies this week, getting at least 6 servings 5 out of 7 days.  I really enjoy eating fruits and veggies, but sometimes it takes some food preparation at the beginning of the week to make it happen.

It's time for new goals with a new phase!  I'll share those with you during my Week 6 recap :)

Highlight of the Week
I was really pleased with myself when I got in workouts on Thursday and Sunday.  Both were very easy days to skip a workout, but I got them in because I knew I needed to do something!

Goals for Next Week
-Complete all 3 days of strength training
-Get in some cardio while staying off my heel.  I'm thinking stationary bike?  I need to get this injury all healed (since my half marathon is less than 3 weeks away!!), but I know I'll be itching to do some cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment