Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Solid Way + Plank Sandwich

Wow, can y'all believe it's Sunday evening already?  I feel like the weekend just started!  It's been Homecoming weekend at Palmer Chiropractic, and since Joe's a Campus Guide, we've been getting the VIP treatment!

He received a scholarship for this quarter, so we got invited to the President's reception.  It was held at the Daytona 500 Club, right in front of Victory Lane!  It was still set up from the race last weekend, so it was neat to be so close to this historic area in the world of sports.


We also went to the finale festival for some good food, good conversation, and there were hula dancers as entertainment!  No pictures, but it was a fun time.

Now, on to the usual content!





I almost skipped church this morning, but I'm really glad I didn't.  We continued our sermon series on walking in the footsteps of Jesus and focused on the verses Matthew 7:24-29.  The passage says those who hear God's word and do what it says are like wise men who builds their house on the rock.  The preacher said something that really resonated with me:
"The solid way is not what we see, but what we believe"
It's hard sometimes to just listen to God's word without actually seeing Him.  It's hard to know for sure that Heaven is there without seeing it.  But, God is real.  He is all around us, and His way is true!  This Lenten season, let's remember that walking in Jesus' footsteps is the solid rock that we can stand on.





Today is the last day of Round 4 of Best Body Bootcamp.  While this week has not been great at all on the workout front (only today and Thursday!), I wanted to end BBB with a bang.
I went for a 2.5 mile run around the new neighborhood.  I ran for the first 1.5 miles straight, then ran/walked the last mile with a 2/1 minute ratio.  I'm really proud of my average time, especially since I'm going for a PR in a 5k on Saturday, March 16th!

I also got in some core work using this Plank Sandwich workout from Danielle's blog Truffles 'n Treadmills.  I changed up some of the moves because I wanted to do lower ab exercises but didn't want to do leg raises.  I did the crunches, side crunch right, side crunch left, push ups, push ups, 20 leg lifts, 20 russian twists (each side), then crunches (with :30 planks in between).  Great workout!  Perfect to do at home in front of the TV (or with great music going).

Well, it's time for me to get dinner going, as well as make my school plans for the week.  Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend!

Question for you: Did you do anything fun or out of the ordinary this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment